trans leak help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang fastback grabber lime

2011 fusion sport
ok i need help ,,, came out to the garage and a giant puddle of trans fluid under my car looks like its comming from the pan so i ordered new pan gasket and filter but not sure how it just lets loose like that,car hasnt ben started in a week or so so there was no pressure built up hope some one can help me on this one im stumped

thanks

bob

ok i need help ,,, came out to the garage and a giant puddle of trans fluid under my car looks like its comming from the pan so i ordered new pan gasket and filter but not sure how it just lets loose like that,car hasnt ben started in a week or so so there was no pressure built up hope some one can help me on this one im stumped

thanks

bob
probably the converter bleeding down. Seems like there is another thread on here with the same kinda issue.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-transmission-leak-fmx--1698?highlight=transmission+leak

Mines leaking in the same spot...not sure if it is the pan gasket or the dip stick tube seal? We're gonna replace the pan with a deeper pan and new filter kit anyway so we'll probably replace the tube seal while we're at it!

ok im going to sound stupid now but what does converter bleeding down. meen and how do i fix it
Not an expert but I think the torque converter holds a substantial amount of trans fluid. I believe when the car isn't run for awhile the converter drains back down and kinda floods the pan and the extra fluid finds places to leak. This is what may be happening. A week doesn't sound like it should be doing it but I'm not sure.

Back