Trickflow heads on 351c with flat pistons

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what Ive understand the CHI heads bolts right up to the 2v headers. The intake Im thinking of is Edelbrock Airgap, with this I cant mount the ramair. But I wanted a better intake then the regular Edelbrock performer 2750

Regards Rob

Hi

Valves are 2.07/1.65 , I forgot took take Picture of them Before I put them on.

This from the CHI website

Thanks guys :)

Il consider all options, Il be back with what I choosed.
Appreciate the post, CHI has great heads the 3V produce a lot of great reviews. Question the head style and custom intake has anyone had any luck getting it to fit under a stock 1971-1973 mustang hood after carb & aircleaner ?

Appreciate the post, CHI has great heads the 3V produce a lot of great reviews. Question the head style and custom intake has anyone had any luck getting it to fit under a stock 1971-1973 mustang hood after carb & aircleaner ?
The CHI heads with their 3V intake will fit a 71-73 IF you use a drop base air cleaner with less then a 3" element AND with a NASA hood (I can't comment on fitment with a standard hood). I chose not to run a drop base cleaner and needed to mill about 5/8" off the CHI 3V intake carb pad for my NASA hood clearance.

The CHI heads with their 3V intake will fit a 71-73 IF you use a drop base air cleaner with less then a 3" element AND with a NASA hood (I can't comment on fitment with a standard hood). I chose not to run a drop base cleaner and needed to mill about 5/8" off the CHI 3V intake carb pad for my NASA hood clearance.
Thanks for the quick response, you took off 5/8 of an inch from the intake ? I can’t change the hood the sprint have no scoop or shaker so it has to be stock. What about headers did you have to have them custom made or do any 2v Cleveland headers fit ?
Thanks again !

Thanks for the quick response, you took off 5/8 of an inch from the intake ? I can’t change the hood the sprint have no scoop or shaker so it has to be stock. What about headers did you have to have them custom made or do any 2v Cleveland headers fit ?
Thanks again !
Correct, the CHI intake carb pad surface can easily be milled up to about 3/4" (CHI will do it upon request if bought direct from them). For the CHI 3V heads use off the shelf factory four barrel headers such as Hooker Comps or Super Comps which will be a tight squeeze but will work fine.

Correct, the CHI intake carb pad surface can easily be milled up to about 3/4" (CHI will do it upon request if bought direct from them). For the CHI 3V heads use off the shelf factory four barrel headers such as Hooker Comps or Super Comps which will be a tight squeeze but will work fine.
You helped me out big time ! I’ll post photos when all done ! Thanks for everything.

Back