Trip of a lifetime.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof
2010 Mustang GT
I am planning for a trip to Italy next April. I am going to Maranello, where Pagani, Lamborghini, and Ferrari are all produced. The complete tour of all three places, including a 10 minute drive in a Ferrari is about $350. Its an 8 hour drive from here, I'm gonna guess (at most) 6 tanks of gas in the GT. So thats about $250. So $600 for the most amazing trip of my life.

I know its a few months away but I am starting to get excited, I will be making reservations soon. I gotta get my passport and international drivers license too but neither one of those takes very long. So in a few months look forward to some amazing pictures and video.

Sounds like a blast! Can't wait for the pics!

Yes, you "hit the jackpot" as my wife and daughter are planning a trip to Italy this Summer and it is CERTAINLY going to cost them (me) a lot more than what it is apparently going to cost you.

That is one of the "positives" of military life, being able to see things that the ordinary American citizen can only dream of. On the other hand, that 24/7 "availability for duty" and the associated dangers is something to "think about" when serving in the military.

Enjoy yourself WIDOWMAKER and know that we on the Site have you and your comrades in our thoughts and prayers.

BT

Yes, you "hit the jackpot" as my wife and daughter are planning a trip to Italy this Summer and it is CERTAINLY going to cost them (me) a lot more than what it is apparently going to cost you.

That is one of the "positives" of military life, being able to see things that the ordinary American citizen can only dream of. On the other hand, that 24/7 "availability for duty" and the associated dangers is something to "think about" when serving in the military.

Enjoy yourself WIDOWMAKER and know that we on the Site have you and your comrades in our thoughts and prayers.

BT
Yes I definitely would not be able to make this trip if I were stationed anywhere else. Thank you and we appreciate all support.

That will be one cool trip. Italy is the one place I did not make it to when I was there. Not sure why but never did. Lots of time spent in Austria, Bavaria, and up on the coast of Holland. We actually had a trip planned to Italy once but it fell through for whatever reason. I'm sure you will have a trip of a lifetime like you said. Take advantage of where you are at and enjoy.

While stationed in Izmir, Turkey, I had follow-on orders to Ghedi Torre AB, Italy, but was diverted to West Texas instead. Several years later, my wife had a deployment to Vicenza to support the Bosnia thing and I was planning on flying over to see her and take a very similar trip to "the Promised Land" as you have outlined. Just never made it happen, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it.

Enjoy your trip, Bro - and get lots of pictures and stuff for the future. Can't wait to see how much fun you're about to have.

Back