Vacuum help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
H Code 351C
My engine was rebuilt by previous owner and my vacuum routings don't match the diagram I have for the 73 351c.

Sorry for novice questions below, I am learning as I go. Good news is that if I mess things up, I have all of you to help fix it right... :p

So I have a couple of questions, as I am getting ready to swap the intake and carb this weekend.

The only connections to my old 2150 carb are:

PCV Valve

EGR

Heater tube from choke (steel line and insulated line)

The Dizzy has a straight connection to the manifold, no routing at all to the Carb.

When I go to hook up the new Edelbrock 2750 and 1406 my assumptions are:

1) PCV Valve - Easy enough just run to the PCV in the 1406

2) Eliminate the EGR connections all together (do I need to cap off at Cab and fitting on other end?)

3) Heather Tube - Block off plate with new manifold eliminates this all together.

4) Hook Dizzy up to new manifold just as it is now and block off connections on carb? Or should I put a T in it and connect to carb also?

carb or manifold draw vacuum the same. Either will work, but if you want to use ported vacuum you will want to use the upper port on the carb. There is a big debate about which is better-I've used both with success, but you have to tune base timing a bit to match your choice. Running a T would be pointless and would eliminate the ability to use ported vacuum.

My vacuuming help comes in once a week and does a so-so job...not sure she can help you much either. *G*

Back