Vendors & Suppliers?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a break from the Mach-1 project... Slowing re-starting!  Seems I took bad notes.  I need the name/email for the NPD, all so helpful, guy?
www.npdlink.com

Thanks all! 

I have a lot of stuff to get... But right now I'm looking for two things:  1) A/C set-up including evaporator... Unfortunately Mr. Don at Ohio was not able to help.  2) Is the complete set of body-side/quarter-panels chrome-trim... I have an email pending with Don. 

I ask specially about the NPD contact as I remember he reported they were offering a set of the above chrome-trim.  My restoration guy reports that in-his-opinion... Aftermarket chrome-trim is too thin and dimples when clipped on.  Therefore, I am also looking for an OEM set.  

More to come!

PABlueMach1, there was a discussion here recently on the lower moldings. I remember the ones from NPD, but don't believe they are now in the latest catalog. Most of what I heard about them can't be repeated here! The words flimsy and junk do come to mind. The post I referenced concern's a set turtle5353 has ordered and we are waiting for a QC report when he receives them. https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-decor-group-moldings-on-ebay

PABlueMach1, there was a discussion here recently on the lower moldings. I remember the ones from NPD, but don't believe they are now in the latest catalog. Most of what I heard about them can't be repeated here! The words flimsy and junk do come to mind. The post I referenced concern's a set turtle5353 has ordered and we are waiting for a QC report when he receives them.
https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-deco...gs-on-ebay

Secluff: I feel like I owe you a finders/referral fee.  The eBay Seller had another set.  SOLD!

LOL...Just doin' what everyone else here does. We all help each other in anyway we can. Like I posted earlier, since we are not part of the 65-70 club, we are "Outsiders" and have to look out for each other!

Occasionally that vender will put them on sale with a pretty good discount. Considering that NOS moldings are almost non existent and previous repo's were beyond junk, these appear to be a good purchase even at his full price. Just waiting for a quality report from Turtle5353 and when you get yours!

PABlueMach1, there was a discussion here recently on the lower moldings. I remember the ones from NPD, but don't believe they are now in the latest catalog. Most of what I heard about them can't be repeated here! The words flimsy and junk do come to mind. The post I referenced concern's a set turtle5353 has ordered and we are waiting for a QC report when he receives them. https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-decor-group-moldings-on-ebay
Heard the exact same things about these aftermarket ones and what I've of others made for different makes and models, hence why I searched high and low until I found an original set of trims. It took me a couple of years but I found an awesome set that had been in storage since the late 80's. Between these and the ones on my car now, I'll have a great set which is going to require minimal work. If there like just about every other reproduction trims for most other makes and models I've seen over the years, just save your money and hunt an original set as those repops I've seen over the years are just terrible in every aspect. Hopefully I'm wrong with these, but only going by all the others I've seen over the years I don't hold much hope. These were just one of those items that we all took of and threw them away as it wasn't cool back,in the 80's and 90's. Now we have to pay good dollars for something that weren't cool back in the day. Live and learn I suppose.

LOL...Just doin' what everyone else here does. We all help each other in anyway we can. Like I posted earlier, since we are not part of the 65-70 club, we are "Outsiders" and have to look out for each other!

Occasionally that vender will put them on sale with a pretty good discount. Considering that NOS moldings are almost non existent and previous repo's were beyond junk, these appear to be a good purchase even at his full price. Just waiting for a quality report from Turtle5353 and when you get yours!

Heard the exact same things about these aftermarket ones and what I've of others made for different makes and models, hence why I searched high and low until I found an original set of trims. It took me a couple of years but I found an awesome set that had been in storage since the late 80's. Between these and the ones on my car now, I'll have a great set which is going to require minimal work. If there like just about every other reproduction trims for most other makes and models I've seen over the years, just save your money and hunt an original set as those repops I've seen over the years are just terrible in every aspect. Hopefully I'm wrong with these, but only going by all the others I've seen over the years I don't hold much hope. These were just one of those items that we all took of and threw them away as it wasn't cool back,in the 80's and 90's. Now we have to pay good dollars for something that weren't cool back in the day. Live and learn I suppose.

I was forewarned by the guy who is restoring my Mustang... He agrees with you... That the after-market trim stuff stinks.  Most notable he reports is the dimpling caused by the installation clips.  I hope my guy is happy with this NOS trim... As I hate getting yelled at! LOL

I am still waiting for my trim to show up. I was told that some pieces are still at the anodizer and will be 3-4weeks!!! Wtf?? Not happy but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

I am still waiting for my trim to show up. I was told that some pieces are still at the anodizer and will be 3-4weeks!!!  Wtf?? Not happy but hopefully the wait will be wortTurtle5353
Turtle5353... Correct me if I'm wrong... Does not the purchase you made from klassicpart read as reproductions?

Because the ones I purchased from klassicpart read as "Factory OEM".  See below.

Item specifics

Condition: New

Brand: FORD

Part Brand:

Factory, OEM

The plot thickens!

years They are reproductions from what I understand. But they are supposed to be very good ones. I'm just bummed I gotta wait for them after spending $450+   This is what the ad said.  

Last edited by a moderator:

years They are reproductions from what I understand. But they are supposed to be very good ones. I'm just bummed I gotta wait for them after spending $450+   This is what the ad said.  

UPDATE: It seems the verbiage in the eBay Seller's listing differs between turtle5353's purchase and mine.  Therefore I wanted to confirm the parts I purchased were Ford/Factory/OEM.  After multiple emails to the Seller, who avoiding the question, I finally got an answer.  The trim pieces are reproductions.  As a result, I cancelled the orders.      

I informed the Seller that after my forum friend (turtle5353), evaluates the trim... I may be back!

I really hope that these do turn out to be a quality piece as good as the originals if not better. A reproduction item that is as good as the originals would be nice for a change instead of being expensive garbage. If you think the reproduction stuff for our cars over there is crap, you don't want to be using the absolute crap they pass off as "like the originals" over here for our Australian Fords as most don't even look like fitting let alone looking like the part you want. As a lot of car guys are saying, don't throw it in the trash, send it back and get your money back, the more they realise that we're not going to put up with it and demand our money back, the sooner they'll improve their products. 

It's the reason I hunt only genuine pieces that are over 40 years old, because they fit and they do exactly like they're supposed to do. When I do come across a good reproduction part I'm happy to use them and promote them, but they're few and far between. 

When a seller dances around a question that's when alarm bells start ringing for me and will not order or cancel the order as you've done. It's not that hard yes it is or no it's not like what you've asked. As I said I really hope these are quality pieces as they'll help so many restoring their cars and drop the prices on the original parts. I suppose we'll only know when Kevin gets his set and gives his assessment of them. Here's hoping.         pp

UPDATE: It seems the verbiage in the eBay Seller's listing differs between turtle5353's purchase and mine.  Therefore I wanted to confirm the parts I purchased were Ford/Factory/OEM.  After multiple emails to the Seller, who avoiding the question, I finally got an answer.  The trim pieces are reproductions.  As a result, I cancelled the orders.      

I informed the Seller that after my forum friend (turtle5353), evaluates the trim... I may be back!

Strange. I bought the molding in December and this was the info in the advert:

A HIGH QUALITY REPRODUCTION  THAT HASN'T BEEN AVAILABLE IN QUITE A WHILE.. DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!!

Strange. I bought the molding in December and this was the info in the advert:

A HIGH QUALITY REPRODUCTION  THAT HASN'T BEEN AVAILABLE IN QUITE A WHILE.. DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!!
Definitely the two listings are different.  So... You have already purchased these?  Opinion on their quality?

A thought...  If anyone here, or anywhere, has used, not abused, any of decor-group trim-pieces... I'd be interesting in purchasing them.  I would have them restored.  If there is a WANTED section on the board... I'll post this there too.  Thanks all!

::help::May I impose on someone to measure the lengths of the door and quarter-panel pieces?   :thankyouyellow:

A thought...  If anyone here, or anywhere, has used, not abused, any of decor-group trim-pieces... I'd be interesting in purchasing them.  I would have them restored.  If there is a WANTED section on the board... I'll post this there too.  Thanks all!
G'day PABlue

I have some used side mouldings including wheel arch but unfortunately not a complete set and mine is a coupe

I would have to fish them out of the shed to check which ones, condition and if original

I also have some air con bits I won't be using although I will need the vents and control at this stage

You can have them but need to pay postage

Send me a PM if interested

Cheers Mick

G'day PABlue

I have some used side mouldings including wheel arch but unfortunately not a complete set and mine is a coupe

I would have to fish them out of the shed to check which ones, condition and if original

I also have some air con bits I won't be using although I will need the vents and control at this stage

You can have them but need to pay postage

Send me a PM if interested

Cheers Mick
Thanks Mick! 

I have purchased some trim from various folks.  When I receive the trim I'll have sort thru them then let you know.  Thanks again, Crist

Back