Very BAD Tranny & Brake News

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be the other studs bent, the rim wasn't fully seated, maybe they left the lugs finger tight, if you got home ok and can take the wheel of to see what happened take pictures, try jacking up the car and pushing the rim around and see if it pops into place.

I would be amazed if they bent the rim or bent the axle hub.

I would also rotate the axle with the wheel off and just make sure it's rolling true.

More likely the idiots did not torque the 3 remaining nuts to spec thet loosened and the rim went wobbly

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever look inside a tranny shop? I'm in the auto parts supply business. Most local shops I've been in I wouldn't let touch my car...
As I was saying earlier....:s

Welcome to the chain store world. They pulled it apart, broke studs in the process (sometimes they do that. I recently did a break job on my wife's Durango and twisted one off), then deny any wrongdoing.

Even if it's 4 lug, with 2 left, the wheel shouldn't be doing that. Something was left loose, I bet.

I called this morning and the owner tried to deny everything. I'll get the wheel off tomorrow and give another update.

I had the '93's AOD rebuilt by a local, non-chain shop. The bill was $1400 and included a shift kit. That price included them removing and reinstalling the trans.

The same shop quoted me $600 for a benchtop rebuild for the FMX...where I take them the trans already removed from the car.

Back