Want member thoughts on this

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeymach1

Reaction score
My Car
1989 Mustang GT owned since new. First car was a 1972 Gold Glow Mach 1
Hello good people of the forum! Saw this on ebay today and wanted some opinions. I do love my Gold Glow, but not sure here. I am pretty sure I see a '73 fender on the drivers side and the mangled fan shroud makes me think fender bender. Gas cap also wrong, but the 71 is nicer and I did the same thing on my first car when I was a kid. So what say you?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Ford-Mustang-MACH-1/333615134272?hash=item4dad02f640%3Ag%3A9uEAAOSwMfte1wTs&LH_ItemCondition=3000%7C1000%7C2500&autorefresh=true

I do not believe 36,000 miles. Duct tape on the drivers seat, WHY. The spoiler is mounted way too far forward. The fan shroud might have been the victim of exploding flex fan. I love the cobble up plate over the aftermarket radio and the rusty screws holding, fine craftsmanship. The door panels have that splotchy look that repo panels have not the even that Ford had.

Notice the arch in the hood does not match fenders that is what you see in a repo hood unless you change arch. The black strip was PO preference for sure.

Paint on the left rear quarter is peeling at the joint.

Not totally up to speed on how many trim packages came on the Mach 1 in 72 but I thought only the 71 got the decor group chrome strips if you chose to have just Mach 1 on front fender and no stripe. I thought in 72 you have the stripe and painted lower with no decor group trim.

He has no trunk pictures and probably has a reason.

I am thinking over its price now. The current bidder has never bid before lots of joke bidders on Ebay.

Would have to lay hands on before I bid but past it's value already.

That drivers seat with tape already is a sign mileage is not stated correct. Did not see pic of the pedal covers to see wear.

Not totally up to speed on how many trim packages came on the Mach 1 in 72 but I thought only the 71 got the decor group chrome strips if you chose to have just Mach 1 on front fender and no stripe. I thought in 72 you have the stripe and painted lower with no decor group trim.

71 & 72 Mach 1s are exactly the same, with the exception of the flip down gas cap. 

To the OP - overpriced and lots of red flags.

The heavy layer of undercoating is kinda scary.....would need to peel some away to see if it's encapsulating rusty floor. Might be a good start for a resto project at $6K.

The door panels have that splotchy look that repo panels have not the even that Ford had.
Mickymach1, I PM'ed you info the other day.

Posting this to clear up door panel info

Two different cars with original panels... 72 is very splotchy  73 was had to get a decent pic, but looks less splotchy

Back