Went to Longest running Mustang show ever

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I had been awaiting this show all year. Has always been one of the best to attend. It is presented by the N.E. Georgia Mustang Club. They started out in Cherokee 45 years ago but moved to close by Maggie Valley, North Carolina. One of the largest Ford collectors Jacky Jones sponsors the show. He had I think 5 dealerships and has a huge private collection. He use to have Boss 429's with no miles never titled in his warehouse. Has several of the new Cobra Jets in there now. Daniel Carpenter bought several Fox body cars with no miles from Jacky.

So as you entered the show each car got their picture made. Those will be posted on their web site for anyone to view. I took a few but by no means each car in detail.

The local guy here that trims trees for a living had his super rare Prototype Boss 429 there. The first 50 were considered prototypes because when Marti looks them up they have a build sheet for a FE 428 and also a Boss 429 engine. His is #38. He got for I think $140,000 because it was not a numbers matching car. Engine had different number. He got a call last year and someone found his engine and he purchased and now has a numbers matching car that doubled in value.

BTW another local Boss 9 sold for I think $345,000 last week here. Not the norm an 800 mile car.

The white 1993 LX coupe Mustang is owned by one of the members of the Mustang club I am in. It is the very last Fox body Mustang that was built. Daniel Carpenter thought he had it because it had big ceremony with Ford for it. Somehow this one came later and has signature of all of the line workers with it. It will be on display at the MOM in April.

This is always one of the best Mustang and all Ford shows in my area. It is also the oldest Mustang show out there with 45 years in a row.

On a closing note. I did talk with the owner of MOM Mustang Owner's Museum and they do want to display my 1973 Mach 1. They did some research and looks like it is the highest optioned Mustang ever sold. I will have to get it in the shop and start to take apart and detail soon.

I am also getting on the list for spine surgery in coming weeks. Can't lift or do much until they get the disc out and I heal some. So from now until April I have to take and entire 1973 Mach 1 apart, detail and put back together. Been sitting there 36 years in the barn. Will probably end up selling it after in the museum for a while, can't take it with me.

The link is for the video slide show of cars at the show yesterday. Actually 6 of our club members got trophies but the other had already left before we took pics.

https://video214.com/play/WauQpw895PxrNzWKMzvgXA/s/dark

They do but people drive them backwards or unhook the cable to keep them low, lol.

My son works at BMW and they get several hundred miles sometimes before they get the bugs out. The factory today can go to zero if it had a thousand miles. BTW they add the new car smell at the end of the line it is not natural, lol.

Beautiful place. Thanks for posting David.

[so from now until April I have to take and entire 1973 Mach 1 apart, detail and put back together.]

Wow, that's some serious deadline you put on yourself. I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy and learn a ton while reading your progresses.

Hope your surgery will go fine.

Back