What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to install the chin spoiler tonight. Why is it I have no problem drilling holes in a $80K truck but scared crapless to drill in the Mustang. lol. Amazing what value sentimental value holds.

Good tips.

Yes I have a lot of alignment to do before she goes for paint.

Tim

If the arch of the hood does not match the fenders, usually doesn't, you can actually bend the hood some. They do not spot weld the outer skin to the inner reinforcement on the new hoods which allows you to make adjustments. My friend that does restorations will put blocks on corners and set bags of sand on and has actually stood on the hood to flex it into shape. Go slow if you kink it you are done. Yes you can shim the fenders also but flexing the hood keeps your fenders in correct shape.

Even though the hood was ecoated it does not have paint inside the hood and will rust. You might get one of the kits to coat inside from Eastwood or another supplier to add some protection.

Met up with a few Mustangs and then went on a mini convoy with Bellini (from this forum) and another mate (MGB GT) through the nice Oxfordshire countryside. The heavens opened later though, typical British weather!

Here are a few pics:

IMG_3071_zpsccdahb7m.jpg

IMG_3070_zpscvvbez4f.jpg

IMG_3068u_zpslzvjkfmq.jpg

IMG_3062_zpsfscbs8jx.jpg

IMG_3061_zpspvnxmr8l.jpg

34543_zpsjmbgilbt.jpg

34072_zpsrqqhml5n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics! ::thumb::

I ain't gonna lie - that's the coolest pic of a '67 fastback I've ever seen. The pics of the Mach 1 are awesome, too - I'd honestly never thought dog dishes looked all that great on our cars, but for some reason this one speaks to me.

Always a pleasure to see your awesome vert!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers Eric!

I regularly tell Si his dog dishes look crap, but he's not changing them. He said he may consider some Cragar 5 spokes like yours as an addition but he's not in a hurry.
I'll see if I can't get some better pictures of mine to help you shame him some more. LOL!

BTW - love the coupes and that MG is lookin' pretty spiffy as well. ::thumb::

Continued to work on taking pans and plates off the bottom of the power train. Of course nothing is easy. My inspection plate on the front of the transmission had a 1/2" on the passenger side that came out no problem. On the driver side is what's left of a 7/16". I tried vise grips. Then I tried to tap it but the crossbar under the oil pan won't left me get a good straight hole. I'd torch it but I'm in the wrong garage. All I've got is a small propane torch that will never get that sicker hot enough. I'll have to see if I can trailer some tanks over.

In the meantime does anyone know if that is the correct bolt in the driver side? Just wondering if it's being such a pain because someone torqued the wrong size bolt in to that hole. Just seeing if I'm going to have to rethread once I do get the bolt out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Instead of a small propane torch, what about a MAP gas torch (think plumbing soldering duty/purpose)? Those yellow tanks get quite a bit hotter than the standard blue tanks.

Don't get it so hot you melt the flooring inside or twist off the bolt head. ;) :D

Thanks! Going to try a couple of tricks, forgot I had stripped bolt sockets, and if that doesn't work getting a yellow tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back