what made you smile today.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was a dual day combination. Monday my daughter was in an Open Meet...(swim meet). She's good but just not a competitive person so winning is not important to her. She came in second on one event and third on another. Today she announced she wanted us to go to a sort of non event (lower interest only a few teams instead of 50) competition tomorrow. We said...hey you had a good week, why do you want to go to this one tomorrow.

"I want to do well"

My daughter always makes me smile... and feel so proud. She is competing in a national american miss (NAM) pagent and we're going to find out soon how she did. We are so proud of her regardless of what she wins. She's 11 and got up on stage in front of hundreds of people and gave a short speech about herself, she did great. She really showed poise and confidence. This not one of those pagent companies that parades little girls in too much makeup, I think the only girls who can were any makeup are the teens, 14 and up. I'll post a few pictures when we get back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

One of my daughters came over for Father's Day and wanted me to take her for a motorcycle ride.

New to the site, but a father's day car show nearby. Like a kid in a candy store. Complete with a '72 and '73 mach 1 to stare at.:D.

well a phone call from the oldest.... lasted nearly 2 hours. She's in Florida and we are here in Texas so there's a lot to catch up on.

We had the usual hey what's going on.... then she says, well I've been real busy and a lot taking place and we need to talk about something. Well the dad ears perk up and I'm kinda expecting this doesnt sound good. However she continues and says well we are currently temporary Foster Parents. The child is a little girl that is 8 and we've had her for 6-8 months. If the courts agree we want to adopt her!!!!!!! or at the very least become her permanent Foster Parents till she's 18..........

Well if you REALLY know me, I might be kinda sorta more of the tough (well at least I use to be) macho type. Not on purpose mind (never used it for bad just good) ya...it just worked out that I had to grow up that way. Well I folded over like a like a paper dragon! I was SO proud of her and my son in law. (he's a lieutenant at the Sheriffs Dept, a part time toughie himself)

Well ....... little Hannah has an adopted Ole Mangy Transient Grandfather for as long as she would like one or.......... no matter what the court says. Tha wifey has already ordered the child PINK

cowboy boots and they should be there in a few days. It was an awesome Fathers Day!!!!

My cat had two teeth pulled. When Ibrought her home from the vet, she was completely stoned. (The cat, not the vet!)

It's just too cute when she sits there trying to find her bearings, looks at me, meows.... And falls flat on her face. :)

That went on for about an hour. Now she's lying next to me and is sleeping it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff!! her new boots will be delivered by Friday, and Gran J (my wife) probably has a UPS truck reserved .....apparently its a good thing the packages are wrapped up because I'm hearing that lots of Pink, Purple and Green stuff is headed to Florida....it would clash with the Brown trucks of UPS.:D

I dont know if folks know much about the adoption process, but they have been temporary foster parents to her for about 6 months to 8 months. The next steps of course is court...maybe upgrade to "permanent" foster parents...then the adoption. The father is long term Hotel California and the mom is around...but not worthy but has enough interest to not completely give up custody....just not worthy nor a proper parent. So it will be a bit of a rocky emotional road. Their goal is a minimum of "permanent foster parents" which is active till 18. The good news is CPS is siding with them in court so far against the mother.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and support!!! :)

Where do you get these custom cowboy boots I want some to give to a 4 year old and a 2 year old should be cool telling em these are real Texas cowboy boots :cool:
Sorry Luke....I JUST caught this! I would be honored to help out. I've got a long time friend that owns Ponder Boot Company...

http://www.ponderboot.com/

They've made boots for Acuff, President Regain, she's expensive mine were worth 1800.00 etc....but I'm just sharing history with you. One cool note is they reside in the ole bank building of Ponder Texas. Ponder Bank is one of the famous hits by Bonnie and Clyde !!!! Now their boots may be a bit much for the young ones due to the growth stages. PM me with a price range and we'll narrow it down and a different supplier. we'll make sure you get good boots not popular "name" boots.

Where do you get these custom cowboy boots I want some to give to a 4 year old and a 2 year old should be cool telling em these are real Texas cowboy boots :cool:
Sorry Luke....I JUST caught this! I would be honored to help out. I've got a long time friend that owns Ponder Boot Company...

http://www.ponderboot.com/

They've made boots for Acuff, President Regain, she's expensive mine were worth 1800.00 etc....but I'm just sharing history with you. One cool note is they reside in the ole bank building of Ponder Texas. Ponder Bank is one of the famous hits by Bonnie and Clyde !!!! Now their boots may be a bit much for the young ones due to the growth stages. PM me with a price range and we'll narrow it down and a different supplier. we'll make sure you get good boots not popular "name" boots.
Thanks Dana.

Their Dad,my cousin just died so I need to go gently for the moment,will keep the link and give you a shout at the appropriate time. Would be awesome to give some cool boots to the little kids but mummy ain't the fun lovin sort Daddy was and not in a good place now as you could probably imagine.

Ps. Thanks Dude, sorry to lay that on you in a smile related thread but you made a sincere offer and I want you to understand why I haven't immediately accepted such generosity.

Cheers Luke

My kids really surprise me. The youngest is 16, today she announces the church crew (kids and parents) are short a volunteer parent or two..... to go to do a rehab projects.

In the past 5 years...she has always been a part of " World Changers". This year will be Bounce...which is basically the same function but the church withdrew from the first org, since new ownership of the program, it became secular.

http://www.bouncesdr.com/ So apparently I've been volunteered by my daughter to be a crew leader (i gotta grow some hammer'n skills) and driver. she was SO EXCITED. I dont know if I should laugh or cry. Guess I'll just smile!!! :D

My sons are on vacation with my former inlaws. My youngest has called or texted me daily. My oldest called today for the first time in over a week. Apparently his brother reminded him by saying essentially "You know you have a father, it would be nice if you called him sometime."

they are 13 and just shy of 15-good to hear from them, but hilarious that my youngest seems to be paraphrasing my own mother. LOL

Picture 055.jpgPicture 034.jpgPicture 034.jpgPicture 057.jpgwhat made me smile today lasted from saturday,won 3rd place at the car show,my mustang went up against a lot of real nice looking rides of 67 to 73 class modified.

Back