what made you smile today.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks luke

what made me smile today lasted from saturday,won 3rd place at the car show,my mustang went up against a lot of real nice looking rides of 67 to 73 class modified.
Well done Sir,great looking vert you have there

came home from work opened the garage door .2 see my car with new wheels and tires ,knowing that i get to cruse in it after 7 months of siting big time happy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's not mustang related but my other 'money pit' got to run under its own power. I had a local shop do an axle upgrade to it (D60 front, 14 bolt rear). They have had it for almost a month (reminds me why I like to do my own work) but I was there for the first startup and move. Of course it made me smile. Turns out there is an axle leak so they are keeping it another day.

What made me smile today was it is my Fifth Wedding Anniversary. I am not getting all gooey on you guys because my anniversary present was the money to buy all of my new steering components! I purchased a kit from laurel mountain mustang that had everything I needed minus the pitman arm, so happy to finally have new steering components on the way so I can have a proper alignment and enjoy my drives! I have the best wife ever!

What made me smile today was it is my Fifth Wedding Anniversary. I am not getting all gooey on you guys because my anniversary present was the money to buy all of my new steering components! I purchased a kit from laurel mountain mustang that had everything I needed minus the pitman arm, so happy to finally have new steering components on the way so I can have a proper alignment and enjoy my drives! I have the best wife ever!
Congratulations on all counts

happy anniversary

My 11 year old daughter bought me this... with her own money. It is so true...

spacer.png
View attachment 25334

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405938742512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405938742512.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
okay so about Janurary my 16 yr old tells me she wants to go on a mission w/church to Canada to assist with their youth groups, this will be her 6th in 5 years. So about 6 weeks ago i was teasing her "hey they need any volunteers to go to Canada"

after about 2 hours she comes back I had forgotten all about it. She says hey Dad will you go with me to "Bounce" an organization to rebuild houses for the poor that were flooded back in Oct. 2013! Well its in Austin....I've BEEN to Austin...I've BEEN in the heat..... well of course I went and the smiles and thank you's I got from her made me smile.

today is her first of 10 days in Canada!!! The happiness is UNBELIEVABLE and they will be rewarded after the work is complete with tours of JASPER . Most of the kids have worked hard for 5 years in the most poor of texas New Mexico and Oklahoma with a thank you which is always enough. They will be getting up at 5 and wont stop working as the operations crew running the camp, even th cooking till about 10 or 11 pm. But they get a little bit of a reward this time.

spirit-island-jasper-national-park_36744_600x450.jpg

rpm, nice! My 16 year old just came back from a missions trip to St Maarten. She went with mom and grandma and they spent the week teaching VBS and helping at an orphanage. Glad the daughter are not turning out like the dad, I tend to be cynical and mean-spirited (especially talking politics). She is the opposite of that.

okay so about Janurary my 16 yr old tells me she wants to go on a mission w/church to Canada to assist with their youth groups, this will be her 6th in 5 years. So about 6 weeks ago i was teasing her "hey they need any volunteers to go to Canada"

after about 2 hours she comes back I had forgotten all about it. She says hey Dad will you go with me to "Bounce" an organization to rebuild houses for the poor that were flooded back in Oct. 2013! Well its in Austin....I've BEEN to Austin...I've BEEN in the heat..... well of course I went and the smiles and thank you's I got from her made me smile.

today is her first of 10 days in Canada!!! The happiness is UNBELIEVABLE and they will be rewarded after the work is complete with tours of JASPER . Most of the kids have worked hard for 5 years in the most poor of texas New Mexico and Oklahoma with a thank you which is always enough. They will be getting up at 5 and wont stop working as the operations crew running the camp, even th cooking till about 10 or 11 pm. But they get a little bit of a reward this time.

spirit-island-jasper-national-park_36744_600x450.jpg
That's really cool. These types of activities build character in our kids, something that is sorely missed in a lot of them today. These are experiences that she'll remember forever.

PS. that is a really cool pic of the lake and mountains.

Back