What "odd" things has your car been called?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are all called pices of crap at the moment - but I see what they will become :)
+1 on the crap pile. Also rust bucket, and Mach 1. But the oddest thing that has happened several times is people looking at it (top up of coarse) and ask "is that a convertible or a coupe?"....I'm just dumbfounded by that question for some reason. Makes me want to tell them "no it's a sport back coupvertible with an extended cab dump bed" :dodgy:

Of course I have gotten the obvious "gas guzzler" quote more than once. One person called it a "pimpmobile for someone with a small dick" but refused to let me prove him wrong on the second half of it. :)

The best one was this though:

I had parked the car with the top down as usual and when I came back I saw that young girl standing beside the car and her boyfriend was taking pictures. She was all excited because it was "the first time she had ever seen a real Nash Bridges car. "

When I asked her if she wanted to sit in it so her boyfriend could take a picture of her and the car she almost went nuts. That definitely made her day.

Mine too in some way because the "Nash Bridges" Cuda had been my inspiration for the color and overall looks of the car ( before the 18 inch rims that is).

nothing in particular....I guess cause the car has Mach 1 badges all over it,lol

I have been asked if that is an AMX or a Javelin?
Now them's fightin' words pard'ner !

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Like it or not, you have to admit that AMC must have had some pipeline into the Ford styling department to come up with the '71 Javelin.

Aside from the wonky wheelbase (which looked as if it had been moved back a few inches past that of basic styling intelligence), they were an unusually close ripoff of the '71 coupe.

-Kurt

Like it or not, you have to admit that AMC must have had some pipeline into the Ford styling department to come up with the '71 Javelin.

Aside from the wonky wheelbase (which looked as if it had been moved back a few inches past intelligent), they were an unusually close ripoff of the '71 coupe.

-Kurt
+ 1 very close indeed

In highschool it was known as "The Beast"

My wife sometimes calls it "that damn car" when the restoration stalls.

a.k.a.: "Universally accepted spousal definition of automotive restoration or projects."

-Kurt

a.k.a.: "Universally accepted spousal definition of automotive restoration or projects."

-Kurt
My wife calls it " that pile of money in the garage" Have had a guy at a car show say you can always tell the Mopars, they always had the wild colours......insert face palm here!

Have had a guy at a car show say you can always tell the Mopars, they always had the wild colours......insert face palm here!
Restored Mopars can be spotted in one of two ways:

The million-dollar rig that trailered the car to the show is behind it...or the owner is penniless.

-Kurt

I have a couple people ask me "what year?" Pretty much every time im out. One time in a gas station another customer asked me if it was a Cutlass. In a fairness the top was down and i dont have a NASA hood so from the side where we were standing all he saw was the belt line, but i still was a little surprised and said "no, that is a '72 Mustang"...and he responded that it it a great looking car. So all is good in the world. An hour later a guy in a BMW pulled over next to my idling car and said it was the hottest car he'd ever seen. I guess he never saw a 7173 Mustang before. Crazy right?

Whenever my wife gripes about any of my various "money pit" projects, I pony up something for her.

The $6000 460 for my Torino helped her get a new "Mark Coors" purse ( I think thats the name, I'm not sure)

New paint job= new couch

New rims= Jessica Simpson shoes

New saddlebags for the bike= new patio furniture

Just double the cost of everything you do for the real "cost", and you'll be ok!

My 10 y/o sister thought it was a Firebird for some reason. Perhaps because its red?? I dont know. She then proceeded to think about red stuff and she Incidentally named it "HEINZ" after ketchup.

BEST NAME FOR A RED CAR EVER

My 10 y/o sister thought it was a Firebird for some reason. Perhaps because its red?? I dont know. She then proceeded to think about red stuff and she Incidentally named it "HEINZ" after ketchup.

BEST NAME FOR A RED CAR EVER
I like that one too...of coarse I put Heinz ketchup on just about all the food I eat

I've been asked if my Mach-1 was a Torino and I've also heard Javelin.

Mine was my 2nd car in high school... It was called a camaro several times... My friends affectionately called it the rustang... It had a great patina to it... Several people accused me of putting the mustang badges on it to try and pass it off as a mustang... But that was part of what I loved about the car... It was different, when I had mine I only knew if one other in the area. I've always had a thing for odd cars. My 1st car was a 69 4 door Chevy Nomad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back