What "odd" things has your car been called?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the ford dealer I work at my car is known as the F lying Dutchman for some odd, if I had to guess why its because it seems everyone else likes 65s and 66 mustangs. actually now that I think about it, ive caught flak about my car from all the ford dealers ive worked at lol whatever hasn't stop me from driving it yet......

+2 for the crap pile, I also use a kiddingly a "Giant Taunus" after a Ford Taunus made in UK pictured below.

Ford_Taunus_GXL_Coupe_1974.jpg

What comes from the comments I've heard, here are the few.

I use to have a vintage burgundy metallic '65 fb Mustang and it was very nice car, once I got sold my old Fastback and finally had my Mach 1 in the daylight from my carage my friend saw the Mach for the first time and he said "you had a classic beauty and now you've got a... you got an axe murderer".

This little burnout earned my Mach 1 a one of it's nicknames "Mad Max". One of my spectators said that it's was just like the Mad Max and it has been one of nicks ever since. It was before she had earned her stripes...

burnis1.jpg

I've owned Mustangs from all eras, but my absolute favorite styling is of the '71-73 fastbacks. I have no idea why so many others talk down about them, they are far sexier and more muscular than any other 1st gen Mustang. Every non-Mustang enthusiast I've ever met that has seen mine always says the same thing: "I don't normally like those cars, but the way you've got it setup looks awesome." All I did was lower it and put a set of 295s out back, tucked in using the correct offset wheels. With that done, there's no other Mustang that looks more muscular than a '71-73.

I was fortunate enough in college to have my father ship the car out to New York for me during my senior year. I remember parking it in the quad one evening and some guy came in exclaiming that there was a Lamborghini parked outside. :)

I remember parking it in the quad one evening and some guy came in exclaiming that there was a Lamborghini parked outside. :)
We really want to see those tires and the stance of your car now!

;)

-Kurt

well this is not about my 71. On the 71 I've mostly heard.... "wow you dont see these any more" or "is that a MUSTANG?"

But the convertible is a different story. I've told this on another thread but it does have some element of comedy. Admirers look it over and if they are interested in talking about it, I happily tell them about it. Often I'll start with its an "original survivor" then tell them, its one of 35 painted in 1967 the Diamond Blue color. Almost without fail the responses are

"Yeah I like that color I've seen a lot of those before"

"yeah one of my favorite colors I've seen those before"

etc etc etc.

I never respond but my thought is always....

Kinison-296x300.jpg
DUDE I JUST TOLD YOU THERE ARE ONLY 35!!!!! That's less than ONE PER STATE over a period of FORTY SEVEN YEARS!!!!! HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU SEE A LOT OF THEM????

Some people call it a "car"....

That realy hurt my feelings !!

JB

I like when people ask about the year and then they don't believe you like you don't have the title or something! LOL! "71? I thought Mustangs were Type II's in 71?"

Back