What part isa this (brake system), photo provided

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
My all time favorite vehicle is our 1969 Shelby GT500
Greetings!

I have had a fellow enthusiast ask me what part thi isa (see embedded/attached photo). He is pretty sure it is for his front power disc brake system. I am inclined to agree it is part of a hydraulic system. But, despite how many brake system repairs I have done I just can't place precisely where this part belongs/goes.

Thank you!

Gil
1668001957263.png

Greetings!

I have had a fellow enthusiast ask me what part thi isa (see embedded/attached photo). He is pretty sure it is for his front power disc brake system. I am inclined to agree it is part of a hydraulic system. But, despite how many brake system repairs I have done I just can't place precisely where this part belongs/goes.

Thank you!

Gil
View attachment 69674
Hi!

I posted an image of the picture you sent to me, and asked the folks in the 7173Mustangs forum for their thoughts. HemiKiller advises the part in question is connected to the brake Proportioning Valve. It makes sense. I have embedded a ScreenShot of his reply. I find any time HemiKiller provides a response to various questions from other folks his answers are always dead on. I trust what he says, whereas for many others I can;t say the same.

I hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.

Gil

1668006733228.png

Also, many thanks to Sheriff41 for his advisory. I LOVE being part of this group, and participating in this forum. This kind of effective sharing of our collective knowledge could not have been accomplished before the Internet. I remain intrigued at how technology has been harnessed in this manner. And I also remain admiringly humbled by the tremendous level of sharing of our level of knowledge by our members. I am proud to be a part of this group, and thoroughly enjoy the way we all interact with one another.

We have some seasonal "bad news" that has cast its pall over us. The pony cars have been put into their Winter Hibernation mode. If we are fortunate, some time between now and Car Season, 2023, we may get a few days of (cold) rain, followed by some (cold) dry days. When that happens we usually take one or two of our pony cars out of their Winter Slumber and drive them around a bit. Otherwise, we will wait until we get two good rainfalls in Spring, to wash the salt reside from the road, and as soon as we have a dry day following those cleansing rains we will enter Car Season, 2023! This is going to be a long 5 months. Thankfully, there are enough of our members in areas where they do not suffer the ravages of snow, ice, and salt on the roads. So, Lynda and I will be living through the experiences of those folks, and hopefully I will have some technical help to provide to those fellow enthusiasts who need a helping hand - at least in the areas where I have some significant level of expertise. I do not do well with the more artistic aspect of these vehicles (paint and body repair).

Attachments

• AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back