What'd ya get? White Elephant Exchange

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked out where the sign will hang from...and no, it's not going above my bed :p.
That is funny...mostly because the thought never ever occurred to me.
It must go over the bed for the sake of the "boobs are headlights" joke. Google it if you need to.
Haha, that's a classic joke. Not gonna happen though. I value my life.

Just got home from vacation and had 2 packages waiting for me. One was from Lizton, IN, so I'm guessing they're from 72Rcode?

Well whoever it was, thanks! I picked out where the sign will hang from...and no, it's not going above my bed :p. My wife would be seriously pissed. I'll post another pic when I hang it tomorrow. The book will come in handy as well.

x20zdc.jpg
You're welcome, Steve! I cheated and "Amazon'd," which is why they came from 2 different places.

I've got all sorts of 'previously enjoyed' parts from my project I suppose I could 'gift,' but I never know who has a current tetanus shot... so I'll save them for later. rofl

You're welcome, Steve! I cheated and "Amazon'd," which is why they came from 2 different places.

I've got all sorts of 'previously enjoyed' parts from my project I suppose I could 'gift,' but I never know who has a current tetanus shot... so I'll save them for later. rofl
Haha, sweet thanks Eric! Here's a pic of the sign's new home. Now to do some reading...

3469qh0.jpg

Hey guys just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for the gifts. I'll get on here tomorrow since I have the day off and post what I got.

I (and the other soldiers) really appreciate all the snacks and other stuff you sent.

I still haven't mailed off my gift yet, but I promise, it's coming. Just late lol.

All right guys, my internet is not good enough to upload pictures of all the gifts. Thank you all.

Lets see, I got a "How to restore your Mustang" book, a Mustang parking only sign, a Mustang calendar, a stocking filled with candy/snacks, several boxes of candy and snacks, some 20 year old Mustang magazines (very cool).

I'm sure I missed a few things, I have an 8x8 room and it's filled with boxes and Christmas stuff lol.

Thanks everyone, and thanks in advance if I receive any more. It was a very good Christmas because of you all.

Also, again, I still haven't mailed my gift, but hopefully soon I will be able to.

Got another package today, from Goodnigh. Had some very super bright compact flashlights and a SOG knife. Very nice stuff, thank you very much Goodnigh.

The knife and flashlight will go on my kit and will go with me on mission from now on. Thanks again.

Got another package today, from Goodnigh. Had some very super bright compact flashlights and a SOG knife. Very nice stuff, thank you very much Goodnigh.

The knife and flashlight will go on my kit and will go with me on mission from now on. Thanks again.
Glad you got the package. I never imagined a flashlight being sent

to one of our troops in the field was considered "dangerous goods"

by Customs.

mike

Buddy,

The Worthless without pics wasn't directed at you but all the other guys that haven't posted pics yet. I may have to start naming names. Lol

Finally got home after our train trip along the coast and got to make my first visit to a forum member (wolverine - more about that in another thread). Got home and settled and this is what I got (courtesy of wolverine):

Dos XX (Small).jpg

I thought it was a 12 pack of his favorite beer, but instead, it was this:

White Elephant 2012 (Small).jpg

I thought it was illegal to send spray paint through the mail, otherwise I would have sent him a case, knowing his spray painting limitations... :p

The Chebby red will work well for painting the reflector by the mailbox. :p Besides the other cool stuff, he also included a Pertronix II, which is pretty darn cool!! And definitely worth at least as much as the "A" key on that Netbook! :D Thanks, James, for the cool stuff! And more about the visit in another thread.

I thought it was a 12 pack of his favorite beer, but instead, it was this:
The 12 pack we drank at the pool and hot tub wasn't enough?

I have been out as well. My posts are coming.

Regarding spray paint, per USPS, it is OKAY to mail spray paint as long as it isn't sent AIR MAIL.

It is not OKAY to mail beer. Who would have guessed?

Got mine yesterday. A couple of cool calendars. Just noticed the

calendar I used last year is not working anymore, so I needed a

new one. A basball cap and I collect caps, very cool.

AND the sign :cool:, which is heavy metal :cool::cool:

mike

P1030222.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my booty...one of two. I had the pleasure of sharing with 2 Secret Santa's.

First, here is What Doc Sent:

2ivicrl.jpg

23iuij9.jpg

2s0ikao.jpg

Not sure why his high school is being promoted with a beer cozy, but it is in Winnemucca(hope I spelled that right). The ambulance key chain is precious.

And I can't wait to sit down and read the May 25-28 2012 Edition of the Humboldt Sun. The Truancy Court article has me on pins and needles!! Crap...I missed the 3 days of Wild Western Action June 1-3- And I missed the MULE show. The mule is like my 4th favorite animal ever. If I go next year, Doc will have to cover the $5 admission. But I will cover the parking.

Thanks Doc. Those auto parts will see some run time, and those water pump gaskets will be on my car when we get together this summer...maybe.

And then I got a load from North Carolina Mark...I want to know if he added dust to the package on purpose, or was this stuff sitting in his garage since 1973?

fao7co.jpg

t0p0no.jpg

There is nothing more precious to a convertible owner than tight fitting door seal to keep the wind out of the cabin and a hood seal to keep the air out of the ...what is the hood seal for? In any event, these are definitely going on.

2na1anr.jpg

Now...this one is going on the garage wall. Here in California, not too many people get to see what rust is. And I hope this piece was personally sculpted by Mark. In all honesty, looks pretty good to me. I think it would have made another 20 years on the car with the right kind of care.

iqypep.jpg

This steering wheel cover has got to be the ugliest I have ever seen. It looks like the rats got to it. Unfortunately they didn't finish it and I ended up with it.

2enq7wj.jpg

Now...this is obviously the prize. This can must have been empty like 4 or 5 decades? Of course, in my possession, the can would still be wet on the inside.

All in all, this is the best Christmas ever. THANK YOU!!! It was a blast.

James, you might want to spray paint that " build sheet frame " to preserve it. :p

James, you are definitely the only one that I knew that would appreciate those gifts. :p

Heck, if you make it over for the mule races, I'll even cover the parking as well! :)
Mule RACES??? You mean it isn't just a Mule Show? I would love to see the Mule Races.

You and the wife don't have an entry, do you?

Back