What's it worth...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmajerus

Reaction score
My Car
Hopefully future owner of a 73 Fastback
Hi, newly registered to the forum. I am going to be looking at this car on Saturday, known facts at this time, are only that it has a 351C-2V newly rebuilt by a engine builder I know, that did a basic stock rebuild but added a cheap 4bbl intake and an Edelbrock carb. Owner boasted tons and tons of work to the motor, so was glad to know the builder to get the truth! :D Auto trans, owner claims shift kit, but specified nothing about any real tranny work.

Looks great in a pic, but will know more after digging in Saturday.

Also always ready for vehicle specific cancer area info, and common problems to look for.

73Fastback.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pop the hood and under the cowl grates, p/s floor board, trunk floor <----- big one, and bottom edge of the doors

I would say if those areas are good then $8k for this 73 ... I wish I would have found this sight before I got mine because I payed $2k and I payed about $700 too much

Last edited by a moderator:
pop the hood and under the cowl grates, p/s floor board, trunk floor <----- big one, and bottom edge of the doors
first of all Welcome from Rhode Island.

Second, +1 on all of the above areas, also check around the trunk and Door seals they rot under it, rear quaters, also where rear outter wheel housing meets the quater panel.

Thanks, I am hoping it started life as a southern car, and not a restored rustbelt pile, I am sick of fixing up cars and trucks only to have rust pop through in a couple yrs time, they are asking 7,500 obo, but it has been listed for almost a yr so either the obo is a typo or there are some issues they are not letting out in the listing! lol

Well heard from a buddy who has seen this, paint is a quick spray... no jambs or engine bay... originally Gold.

Back