wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go they have plenty:p

http://www.coyswheel.com/
Great, thanks for the site. But now I'm torn, go with the chrome or the black chrome ? I'm painting my car a dark burnt metallic orange (it's called Harley Davidson Sedona Orange) with black standard striping. Me thinks the black chrome might look better.
I went with the c57's not available in Black chrome, so that was easy. I called to see if I could get them to do a set of c5 with the polished lip and bc centers. No luck. I like the look of the black chrome myself.
Yeah, I'm looking for the torque thurst look. I think the black chrome would look better on my car (with the orange paint) then chrome.

Aloha All

I want to run 20" rims in the rear & 18" rims front. Can any one tell me how wide of a rim to include back spacing can I mount and tire so the tires fit under the fenders with out rubbing?

John
i have a 71 mach 1 with 18x7 front and 20x10 on the rear with 5.5bs 295/30-20 with about a 1/4'' gap between outside of tire and fender lip. i will try and get some pics posted soon

DSC01287.JPG

Tnfastbk, I really like those wheels. Very nice with the grey. I might look at those when I get to that point on my stang.

Yeah a little bling, looks good my friend.... what happened to the 22" wires???
17s,18s,22s... I say go all out and get 24s all around! That would be a one of a kind look...must be a deep layer of chrome tho.
Just don't go down the 17/40 or 21/44's I hate 4 wheelers with our shells.

Hey Tnfastbk,

I absolutely love the look of your wheels and tires. Do you have pictures of your car you can share? Just for clarity, you put on:

Front- 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing

245/45r17's

Rear- 18x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing

275/40zr18's

Can I just mount these directly to my car or do I need to do some suspension or other modifications? I read the link(s) but was still unclear. Also what brand tire did you go with?

One other question, you mentioned that you would have preferred going with the black chrome but it was not available. I was on their site and see that it is now. I'm restoring a '72 vert and painting it black sapphire pearl (a very dark almost black shade of blue). I have the chrome trim around the wheels and front hood trim, chrome bumpers, etc. I'm debating on whether the black chrome really goes well with all the other chrome "jewelry" on my car.

Any thoughts or pictures are really helpful.

Many thanks,

John

Hey Tnfastbk,

I absolutely love the look of your wheels and tires. Do you have pictures of your car you can share? Just for clarity, you put on:

Front- 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing

245/45r17's

Rear- 18x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing

275/40zr18's

Can I just mount these directly to my car or do I need to do some suspension or other modifications? I read the link(s) but was still unclear. Also what brand tire did you go with?

One other question, you mentioned that you would have preferred going with the black chrome but it was not available. I was on their site and see that it is now. I'm restoring a '72 vert and painting it black sapphire pearl (a very dark almost black shade of blue). I have the chrome trim around the wheels and front hood trim, chrome bumpers, etc. I'm debating on whether the black chrome really goes well with all the other chrome "jewelry" on my car.

Any thoughts or pictures are really helpful.

Many thanks,

John
Mine are a direct bolt on without any modifications. I also seen the black is now available, that call is entirely up to you. I am a believer in its your car build it for you, when someone else starts paying the bill the they can decide what goes on my car. As for the brand I don't recall and the car is in my other garage across town. I bought them as a package from Coy's. Here are a few shots of the car

Roys car 003.jpg

2012-01-08_17-38-13_655.jpg

Roys car 002.jpg

Roys car 004.jpg

Roys car 001.jpg

Roys car 005.jpg

Wow...I love the look. The wheels are awesome and your entire car looks great. I found some very nice BFGoodrich tires that have received really high reviews, so I'm leaning that way. Good news, is I have a little time before I really need to pull the trigger.

Thanks for your input, it really saved me some time!

Cheers,

John

Back