Where is the date code on Mach 1 trunk lid?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I was going to post up some Mach 1 trunk lids I have in the stash. I wanted to take pic of the date codes in them but I cannot find it. On every other stamping on the car there is usually a code stamped. I know we had to have them in all the parts we stamped for Ford in case there was a recall or quality issue. These trunk lids have been inside off the cars for at least 20 -25 years so in great shape.

Will post link to posting when I get the pics.

I was going to post up some Mach 1 trunk lids I have in the stash. I wanted to take pic of the date codes in them but I cannot find it. On every other stamping on the car there is usually a code stamped. I know we had to have them in all the parts we stamped for Ford in case there was a recall or quality issue. These trunk lids have been inside off the cars for at least 20 -25 years so in great shape.

Will post link to posting when I get the pics.
David

Try to find it on the right side near the hinge. 

Cheers Frank

Thanks Vicus. It is there but stamped on the inside of the reinforcement so very faint and of course backwards. Ford must have made the trunks if a supplier did that they would have made them move it. But their prints usually gave the place the number had to be and stated the side.

Will sand a little and see if I can make out the numbers and letters.

David

here is a nice picture of the date stamp of my car's trunk lid in the said area.

Cheers

Frank
Humm the one I have is not like yours it is on the inside. I did not try to take a pic I was going to sand some today to get it to show up better. What I have is on the inside of the metal.

Mine doesn't have a date code anywhere that I could find. I'm thinking it may be a repo?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Just out of shear curiosity, I just braved the cold air in the garage and took a look at my Mach 1 trunk lid. There are stampings, but far too feint to read and are located about where vicus (Frank) showed them to be. I decided not to try taking a pic, you wouldn't see anything.

It would seem that they are all about the same.

Back