where to put my antenna

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtltoy

Reaction score
My Car
1965 Fastback
1971 Mach 1
I hope someone can help me. I have a 1971 Mach 1. I had the passenger fender replaced a long time ago. The fender didn't have a hole for the antenna. Can someone tell where the hole should be? Like how many inches from the edge of the fender.

i have seen installs on the rear drivers side that make a lot more sense to me. Taking off an entire fender to fix an antenna? Especially if you do an electric! I have the 8 ft tall factory one and want to install an electric because it's stupid. sorry if this isnt the info you want, but you might want to consider if it isnt a show car.

I have a '73 but mine is 12 7/8 on center down from the point of the fender by the windshield and 4 5/8 on center from the hood side of the fender. Hope this helps.

When the smart ass in me saw the title of this thread , and after I stopped laughing at the first response that came to mind, I thought why not put it on the top of the rear quarter? I've always thought that the antena looked like an after thought on the passenger fender.

Thanks for the help guys. I want to put it where it came from the factory, so I'll keep it on the fender.

Years ago I mounted the antenna on one of my cars inside the cowl and secured the end with insulated adel clamps.
Hey, What's up Jeff T. this is Jim D. Saw you cruisin' 28th during the cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jim, it's good to see you found us. This is the best Mustang site bar none! Have you posted in the intro section yet?

Yeah I had a great time on the cruise. I had to cut out early for a wedding.

You ought to post up some photos of the Mach from "back in the day".

Thanks for the help guys. I want to put it where it came from the factory, so I'll keep it on the fender.
Hey, Jim. I'm almost positive that at least one Mach came from the factory with a driver's side rear quarter panel mounting. There was discussion about it back in 2010, initiated by our SuperModerator, Cobra3073. I'm almost positive he said that when his was shipped to the Philippines, it came with a DS rear-mounted antenna. The thread should still be there if you're interested.

Hey, Jim. I'm almost positive that at least one Mach came from the factory with a driver's side rear quarter panel mounting. There was discussion about it back in 2010, initiated by our SuperModerator, Cobra3073. I'm almost positive he said that when his was shipped to the Philippines, it came with a DS rear-mounted antenna. The thread should still be there if you're interested.
No not from Ford - Ford always put it on the fender - there is one on the fender of my son's 02 GT

A dealer might have put it there - usually they put the power ones there

No not from Ford - Ford always put it on the fender - there is one on the fender of my son's 02 GT

A dealer might have put it there - usually they put the power ones there
Thanks, Don. I guess it probably was dealer installed. Couldn't remember after three years exactly what BT had said. :)

Hey Jim, it's good to see you found us. This is the best Mustang site bar none! Have you posted in the intro section yet?

Yeah I had a great time on the cruise. I had to cut out early for a wedding.

You ought to post up some photos of the Mach from "back in the day".
I'll have to find some and scan them.

Back