Who belongs to this?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the point saying the car is to valuable to drive. My car will be as nice or nicer than most. ( positive thinking :D ) I plan on pounding the hell out it. Once you restore it, it's restored. You can always do it again. Not saying I wont take great care of it. My brother is in the final stages of restoration on his 1 of 1 70 Boss 302. The cars value is every bit 80 to 100k. He plans on driving as much as he can. The only way I can see not driving a classic car if it's a super clean low mileage original survivor. Even then a ride around the block would do the car some good.

It's kinda tough to explain, but my rationale is that I plan on mine becoming a daily driver. While '71-'73s are becoming more 'rare' (as Mustangs go, with the added 'lesser value' because they stray a bit from the more accepted 'classic Mustang' look), my H-code isn't a particularly valuable (or highly sought-after) model... such as a Q, R, or even M code. Everybody goes searching for '71-'73s hoping to find that elusive Boss 351 in someone's garage for cheap because the owner's widow just wants it gone... but usually wind up 'settling' for an H-code because that's all they can find within the range of money they wanted to spend. Me - not so much... I simply wanted a '71 Mach 1, regardless of the engine because I'm all about restomod, and had no intentions of preserving history (just saving an example of my favorite Mustang for myself).

Therefore, get it back together and enjoy it as a daily driver is my plan. If it gets a little dinged up, rock chips, or even blows the engine, I'll be fine repairing it and moving on.

If I were to plunk down $50K+ on a fine specimen 'rare' model, I'd have a much harder time subjecting it to the rigors of being a daily driver. I would just feel guilty (weird, whatever) about buying a 90-point show car, slapping on some Cragars, and parking it at the local grocery store on the way home from work - over and over and over again throughout the course of its [and what's left of my] life.

Something like the one offered up in the original post? Weekend cruise nights, parades, car shows, etc. (my opinion) - not daily driver.

I guess I haven't grown up yet or been successful enough or something. I just can't imagine me ever driving a $40-50K car for just 'transportation' purposes.

My Ex boss has 67 Gt 500, 67 289 4 speed fastback,70 Boss 302, and the last 70 Boss 429 built. He never drives any of them. EVER!:mad: Not even the 289 fastback. It drives me crazy. Must be nice to have to much money.

I don't get the point saying the car is to valuable to drive. My car will be as nice or nicer than most. ( positive thinking :D ) I plan on pounding the hell out it. Once you restore it, it's restored. You can always do it again. Not saying I wont take great care of it. My brother is in the final stages of restoration on his 1 of 1 70 Boss 302. The cars value is every bit 80 to 100k. He plans on driving as much as he can. The only way I can see not driving a classic car if it's a super clean low mileage original survivor. Even then a ride around the block would do the car some good.
Amen brother!!!!!!!!!

Damn if you all this negative on our own cars, that you are supposed to love. I would hate to hear it on other cars:s I hope the car sells for 150,000. That only helps the value of ours. Is it perfect ? No, but nicer than 75% out there.
I wasn't trying to be negative about it. Moreso that the ad could be written differently for $50k + car. I too hope it sells for $150k for the same reasons.

Btw, good hearing from you on here. How's the misses?

Back