Why the change to Group Builder?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Sorry about the big change and lack of notice but I had to act fast...

Forum license fees and server costs jumped once again and I just couldn't handle the increases so I partnered with a company called Group Builder that provides top notch hosting and software in exchange for ad revenue! They take care of all the technical stuff and leave us to run the forum as always! The staff will remain the same with the addition of 7173mustang who is the company rep and contact for technical help! All ad rev and donations will still go to support the forum operating costs plus this helps to ensure that the forum can keep running long after I am ever gone!

So, the software is new and it will take a few weeks to get back to normal...if you see anything weird or if you have a feature suggestion, post it in the site feedback forum or contact 7173mustang and we'll see if we can get it fixed or added!

Remember, a forum can be hosted anywhere by anyone...at the end of the day, it is the members that make it what it is...and you guys are the best! Just keep on doing what you do...talk about 71-73 Mustangs and have fun!!

@RocketFoot and all of the other admins,
I appreciate all that you folks do to support and maintain the site.

I have a couple questions regarding the advertising:
How is revenue actually generated: just by being displayed on the page or by clicks on the ads themselves?
If we elect to turn off ad displays does that affect revenue to the site?

Asking for a friend.

Mike

Thanks for taking care of the forum, you accomplished a lot in a short amount of time.

One thing that I used a lot, and haven't been able to find, is "My Attachments", and being able to link new posts to old attachments so I don't have to use up (valuable) space by adding another attachment.

@RocketFoot and all of the other admins,
I appreciate all that you folks do to support and maintain the site.

I have a couple questions regarding the advertising:
How is revenue actually generated: just by being displayed on the page or by clicks on the ads themselves?
If we elect to turn off ad displays does that affect revenue to the site?

Asking for a friend.

Mike

Hi Mike.
1. The clicks help. On the google ads. Those are mostly for the people that choose not to register and login. That is why we have the OPT Out of seeing the ads if you login and have set your account not to see the ads.

2. There will be a few (I think max is 8) small banner ads that will come at some point. These will be across the top and a forum for sponsors to post in, to bring products that would apply to this forum.

3. We will be making a Supporting Membership similar to what you have had before. The members that were supporting are being identified so we can make sure you stay supporting.

I am working with @RocketFoot to get some of these things set back up a much like as the before as we can. And as he said it may take a few days to get it tweaked to have the important posts/images back.

Thanks for taking care of the forum, you accomplished a lot in a short amount of time.

One thing that I used a lot, and haven't been able to find, is "My Attachments", and being able to link new posts to old attachments so I don't have to use up (valuable) space by adding another attachment.

1641242932215.png

Use the Your Content, to find post, images, etc.
You can also make an album in the media, and put your image there, then use that image in the posts.

1641242999074.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back