WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them all red too, wouldn't hurt if the middle lights went bright red when in reverse because of the led panel . I also like the early back up lights 66-70. Nice work Angelo, your moving right along again.

Thanks Ray. I plan on addressing the reverse LED lights by adding a dab of black paint to each of those LED bulbs. Plenty of lights on the center board. Since Marco has an excellent command of The CNC machine we are going to attempt to make a killer rear glass design. I plan on not using the original glass because of it being smaller than the metalwork and I don't plan on filling in the metal. Hopefully I will be able to thermal form a piece that large.

Your tail lights are similar to what I was working on before I went for the full swap out. Only my bezels were gonna be aluminum and wide like that but not tapered in. I like yours better. After all I'm glad I went for the all out replacement. Fits my build theme better. Always enjoy watching your thought process and progress.

Hey man, how are those tail lights going I'm excited about what your doing back there and looking forward to some more pics of that. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, how are those tail lights going I'm excited about what your doing back there and looking forward to some more pics of that. Keep up the good work.
Will send out a video of them working. Onto 7173mustangs on facebook s as never been able to plug one into 7173mustangs.com video via you tube as with Luxtang was successful at. for one. In a while.  :thankyouyellow: Thanks for you inquiry.  This thanks on a pole, not a pole dancer, just said thank you, so..In the meantime, have a drink on me. Though been outlawed since the 80's...at least I am not offering you those cannabis pills, eh?..LOL

Will send out a video of them working. Onto 7173mustangs on facebook s as never been able to plug one into 7173mustangs.com video via you tube as with Luxtang was successful at. for one. In a while.  :thankyouyellow: Thanks for you inquiry.  This thanks on a pole, not a pole dancer, just said thank you, so..In the meantime, have a drink on me. Though been outlawed since the 80's...at least I am not offering you those cannabis pills, eh?..LOL

Enjoy buddy. Would be cool if we could all get together sometime and have a shot or two. I say at the very least, Once this build is done in the next while we all get on Skype and help me celebrate with a toast. As for the tail lights Ray, I was supposed to have made a thermal forming box by now and got these things made up but I'm a couple of weeks from having the Cobra off my plate, final touches for spring, then I'm on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news is that there is a locale body shop that did repairs on my wife's Highlander a month back when someone hit her. Everything is good. Truck repair was executed perfectly especially considering the pearl white paint match. Anyhow, someone had mentioned what I was up to widebody-ing the 71 and the owner of the body shop asked to see it. Well turns out he was so impressed with it that he wants to be involved with it and refuses to let anyone but him paint the car in exchange for a little bit of promotion at local shows and such. So it turns out, I'm lucky enough to get it done and done well once I'm ready. Big thanks to Steve and his brother George at CAR AID‼️ Look at me, a year away from paint and promoting already lol.

That would be awesome for a bunch of us to be able to get together. Happy to join you for a toast anytime. Spring and Cobras. Wow, what a lucky guy, lol enjoy

That's a nice deal!

If they want your car to represent them they are gonna put in that little extra effort to make it better than average.

I have just read this start to finish. I admire your drive and insight. Well done sir! Can't wait for the next installment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice deal!

If they want your car to represent them they are gonna put in that little extra effort to make it better than average.
I'm looking forward to getting it to that stage. It will be a special day when that car is back from paint but it's still so far away.

I have just read this start to finish. I admire your drive and insight. Well done sir! Can't wait for the next installment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for taking the time and for your compliment.

Those taillight bezels are freaken awesome - just like everything else about your project! ::thumb::

Since you're playing with vac-u-form, there wouldn't be any chance you might consider picking up and running with an old custom taillight lens project that's been floating around here for a few years, would ya?  :whistling:

Back