Windshield Decal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - I can't believe I missed this thread.

Windshield decals - depending on the car and outward visibility, I think they're pretty cool.

With my first Mustang, back in the late '80s, I started with one of those static cling decals... and it promptly blew off at-speed on my first drive from New Mexico to Utah when I went on leave. After that, I decided on something more 'permanent.' I used some of the adhesive "fade" body trim to make a big stripe all the way across the windshield, then cut-out the graphic I wanted. These letters were the same as the cheesy decal that came with the nose-bra I'd bought for it. Driving into the sun, they were actually helpful in diffusing the direct sunlight on several occasions.

Mustang2.jpg

My next vehicle, I did the same thing with some simple block-style letters spelling out "NISSAN," with a little twist. Made it easy to duplicate, since all the mud and use of the windshield wipers would eventually erode the color after time.

nissanmudmonster1.jpg

On my Jeep, we have a decal from my favorite Off-Road shop from Salt Lake City, Utah, Mister 4x4. That sticker also inspired my first e-mail address, as well as all my forum screen names since the mid-'90s.

EricJeep2.JPG

That sticker is a major PITA to see around, BTW. I'm surprised the state vehicle safety inspector keeps passing it year after year considering how much visibility it gives up.

Aside from the Jeep, I think I'm pretty much over the windshield decal look... I don't think I'll be putting one on Frank's windshield.

I know I am repeating myself but I like the 1/4 window stickers. They remind me of similar stickers on drag cars back in the day.

Just don't care for the others. Maybe back in the 80's to early 90's and on that era of cars/trucks, but not today and not on the 71-3's. Just my personal tastes.

Here is one on a later model Mustang 1/4 window that looks nice.

26189G05.jpg

Our would need to be relatively small to fit the area available.

Ray

Mine came to me with a bunch of faded leftovers of racing stickers on the quarter windows. I wouldn't mind having a pair of 7173Mustangs.com stickers for the quarter windows. I would put one on my rear glass, except that I've already installed my louvers, so it wouldn't be visible anyway.

Rest assured, however, as I did at the car show last October, this site will be well-represented with my entry. I put the URL on my entry/info sheet, and was sportin' the cool front plate I'd received as a Secret Santa gift - and that will continue to happen. ::thumb::

Back