Windshield Washer Hose Clips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Does anyone know what kind of clips hold the washer hose up to the bottom of the hood? Right now, the hoses are just hanging there on the Mach1 but I remember them being clipped up on the coupe. (Unfortunately, I can't get to the back side of the coupe hood right now! LOL)

i could never find the correct ones. if you find them lmk

hey awesome that is a really good picture of one.

none of them are ever posted for people to see what they look like.

well because of the really great picture i realized they are similar to the engine wire harness clips that go into the lower frame when you install the main engine electrical harness, however i don't have any more since i re-used my originals and another set from a second harness i used as a donor to repair mine.

however i looked on ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370419238877

its very similar to the original intent of the OEM clip. So i ordered a set and if they fit the hole in the hood then i can tape up my washer hose to them and have it look near original instead of the wire loom clips i'm using now.

when i get them i'll report if they fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find! I may have to get some of those clips, but for right now, I used some small "P" clamps and plastic firewall fasteners (Technical name: Christmas Tree Clip, LOL) to hang them up. Seems to work fine but definitely not original.

Well the clips came today, had to drill the washer clip hole in the hood slightly larger to 5/16"

And then it fit like a glove, taped the washer lines just like in machman's picture, and hey it works looks stockish beter then the wiring clips I had before and it's more secure I'll take a pic of it

Back