Wiper Removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitssjca

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I've been working on tearing down the engine bay so I can prep it for paint. Can anyone tell me how the wipers disconnect?

My Explorer has a release tab that locks until lifted. But this one has me stumped? Is it just brute force on/off?

I've been working on tearing down the engine bay so I can prep it for paint. Can anyone tell me how the wipers disconnect?

My Explorer has a release tab that locks until lifted. But this one has me stumped? Is it just brute force on/off?
NO BRUTE FORCE

If you use brute force, call me and I'll sell you another set of wiper arms.

Lift up the blade untill it stops [ gentley ] then the end will slide up and off the splined drive.

You may have to pry on the end a little to work it up.

Hope this helps as it's a little hard to explain

Don

Thanks Don!

So no Brute force. Let's call it 'Gentle Persuasion'. I'm guessing with 40 years of rust these parts may be married but need a separation for a while. And a good powder coating too.

As Don said. easy does it. If you look under the arm, you"ll see alittle tab of tin hanging down. Pull it away from the shaft and it will release the little lock thats under the shaft. Hold it out while lifting. anyhow thats what my 71 needed for removal.

As Don said. easy does it. If you look under the arm, you"ll see alittle tab of tin hanging down. Pull it away from the shaft and it will release the little lock thats under the shaft. Hold it out while lifting. anyhow thats what my 71 needed for removal.
You can also use a heat gun to heat up the outside where it sits on the shaft..this will expand the metal & make it easier to remove

Back