Wire harness under passenger seat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with 460 engine, C6 automatic gearbox.
Hi!

I found this wire harness with connectors stuffed into a hole in the floor under the carpet below the passenger seat. I was happy it was not removed by the PO. I found the corresponding green and brown connectors under the passenger seat. I figured the green and brown connector goes to the passenger seat for automatic seat back and the seat buzzer.

However, I am unable to figure out what the grey connector is. I looked under the passenger seat but I am unable to find the corresponding connector. Perhaps it used for something else and I wonder if you guys could give me a hint?

Best regards

Thomas

dfyujb.jpg

Hi!

I found this wire harness with connectors stuffed into a hole in the floor under the carpet below the passenger seat. I was happy it was not removed by the PO. I found the corresponding green and brown connectors under the passenger seat. I figured the green and brown connector goes to the passenger seat for automatic seat back and the seat buzzer.

However, I am unable to figure out what the grey connector is. I looked under the passenger seat but I am unable to find the corresponding connector. Perhaps it used for something else and I wonder if you guys could give me a hint?

Best regards

Thomas

dfyujb.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See picture, how do they call that... seatbelt retractor

See also:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1972-1973-Ford-Mustang-Front-Seat-Belt-Warning-Lamp-Wiring-LH-Used-/111636552497?hash=item19fe0e9b31&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
one end goes to the seatbelt retractor, the middle connector plugs into the switch at the bottom of the seat, the last connector connects to the harness under the kick panel.

Back