Wiring Question/Translation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only 2 things in common with all of those circuits, the main power feed (the big yellow wire) that runs to the ignition switch and the grounding system. That could also be why you can't get it to turn over, just not getting enough voltage to activate the solenoid. You will need to make sure all connections are clean, on both the power and ground wires. Also, the glass fuses can become corroded on the inside and create high resistance. I would replace all the fuses, even if they look fine.

It has never had a problem turning over. It also starts fine. The alt light and dome just pulsate with the turn signals.

I will replace the fuses. I've done two of them already.

Definitely a grounding problem, as there is nothing else in common with the turn signals and the alt and dome lights. My suggestion would be to start at the front and rear turn lights, and double-check the grounds. Does the alt and dome lights dim with the application of the brakes? If so, my bet is on the rear; if not, probably at the front.

I've seen over the years that many connectors, whether molded or those that use pins, do not have good continuity. I typically have to re-crimp about 25% of all pin connectors and when I find a bad molded connector, I have to replace it entirely. These are difficult if not impossible to find unless you disconnect everything and check for continuity from point to point, isolating where the problem is.

Good luck, and I'm here to assist when you're ready to pull your hair out!

Back