Won award today but not with Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfdavid

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
400, race cam, pistons, rocker arms, ignition, heck, basically everything is race modified
Was in a local car show with my Triumph TR6 today (Mach 1 being painted). 50 cars entered and it was open class...so any car or truck is eligible. Awards for 1st to 5th. I took home the 5th place plaque.

The big deal, at least I think it is, is that voting was done by the public, not by judges or just the car owners, so this was a true people's choice show. No voting in wolf packs for your friends. I was pretty happy to be in the top 5. (The car on my passenger side is my neighbor's 1975 Bricklin SV-1 and on my driver side is a 2012 Camaro ZL1

94A615C8.jpg

Congrats, the British cars are a lot of fun! I've use to own a 69 MGB and still have a 60 MGA that I started restoring in the 70's, but gave up on it. How about some more pics!

Thanks guys. I love MGA's gorgeous cars.

Here are some more pics you asked for, at least of my TR6...

Me in the middle and some buddies I met on a TR6 forum

1D6D457D.jpg

My engine bay

3C76778B.jpg

Interior

DED0B141.jpg

A side shot of the car

4C6450AC.jpg

Thanks, ole pony! I really appreciate it. It has been a labor of love for me for a a while. My father passed away a year ago and this was the car he gave me in 1988. It was my car all through high school and college. It set up for many years and I didn't do anything with it. After he passed away last year I started feeling very sentimental and knowing that he loved this car I decided I had to go ahead and do a full restoration on it. It is a very personal car to me, one that I will never get rid of because it was a bond between him and I.

I can see why it won--what a fantastic car!

X2!!

I can relate to the story behind it too. Great ride!

Congrats!

71 Badmach, I am in Baton Rouge.

And thanks guys for the compliments. I know we don't mess with old cars to win awards but ain't it nice to have your hard work and money spent validated

Thanks, ole pony! I really appreciate it. It has been a labor of love for me for a a while. My father passed away a year ago and this was the car he gave me in 1988. It was my car all through high school and college. It set up for many years and I didn't do anything with it. After he passed away last year I started feeling very sentimental and knowing that he loved this car I decided I had to go ahead and do a full restoration on it. It is a very personal car to me, one that I will never get rid of because it was a bond between him and I.
That definitely makes it a keeper!

Welcome again! Around football season, there gets to be a little ruckus now and then what with the SEC and all, but it's all good! There are also a few other Louisianians lurking about, one fella around Amite that has several verts.

Hmmmm....I recently saw one on Craigslist or Ebay in Amite for sale

Back