Wow...They are really slamming on are cars on Wiki now

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny I had my 72 Q-code Mach 1 at the Australia National Mustang Show/Day here in Western Australia, Around Easter, and Had one fella trying to tell me my car was not a Q-Code but it was an F-Code car {really WTF}, He when on about it for a while, till I pointed out the F he was reffering to was the scriptive F at the start of the VIN and stood for FORD, He got all huffy and stormed off

:shrug2:

Funny I had my 72 Q-code Mach 1 at the Australia National Mustang Show/Day here in Western Australia, Around Easter, and Had one fella trying to tell me my car was not a Q-Code but it was an F-Code car {really WTF}, He when on about it for a while, till I pointed out the F he was reffering to was the scriptive F at the start of the VIN and stood for FORD, He got all huffy and stormed off

:shrug2:
Funny. He could not stand to be corrected. But he was SURE happy to (in his mind) correct you.

Ray

Nobody has ever said anything negative about my car although it is badly in need

of some cosmetic body work and a paint job. When I had my tires changed all

the technicians were interested in my car. This is Silicon Valley so how could I

compete with a Tesla et al.? I opened the hood for three techs that gathered

and they were like a deer caught in your headlights. One of them commented

he never expected to see that (engine). When I said it needed a paint job he said

just put a coat of clearcoat on it and your done, "this car is a sleeper".

mike

I think about it now and look back at the time as, Am I really having this conversation?? It was a good day out 200 odd Mustangs and from memory only 4, 71-73 cars everyone else who I talked too like the car, and were really positive and interest in it, the only thing I got tired of answering was, ''What year is it?'' And made the two days I spent detailing her worth it.

camera 005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think about it now and look back at the time as, Am I really having this conversation?? It was a good day out 200 odd Mustangs and from memory only 4, 71-73 cars everyone else who I talked too like the car, and were really positive and interest in it, the only thing I got tired of answering was, ''What year is it?'' And made the two days I spent detailing her worth it.
Great story and you're car looks awesome...And yes...I cannot count how many people ask me what year...And after you tell them the year..you get mixed responses...All counts on how they was programed in the car world..hehe

BTW...My big rant of the day...Why do they always compare our year of stangs "weight" against the original 1964-65's?...Seems they are so afraid to compare the 1969-70 curb weight against our years...So they have to reach way back to the start of the mustang...I do not get it..Only reason i can see for it..is to make our rides look bad on paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy at the soda blaster yesterday was almost trying to argue that all Mach 1s came with posi rear ends.

Gee Gosh Thanks fellas, It's a bugger of a car to photograph with the metallic paint. One of the little guilty pleasures I have in life is just to stand and look at my car with a beer, after work, and think Yep It's all worth it.. I thought The response in OZ would be a little better/more positive towards the 71-73 mustang because of our XA-XB-XC falcons of the 70's, But most still look at then as " O' one of those mustangs''. You fellas think they are unloved over there, they are a breed of their own over here, and are very far and few between to find, But FARK I can't get enough of them myself..

as for the OP I would agree to the "cramped interior" if it referred to the rear seats. Since they are so low down in these cars your knees are basically hitting your chin. But past that it was obviously written by someone who has probably never even seen one of our cars in real life.

As for what people say about my car....I've never had anything but compliments and people very interested in looking it over. People love the color, they love it's always been a local/CA car, and it just looks so cool driving down the road, I don't see how anyone but a complete and self-admitted asshat could hate on it.

I too have read some of the downgrading literature , but out in public , I have never yet had anything but positive comments .Most people around here are impressed just to see one still on the road. :p

as for the OP I would agree to the "cramped interior" if it referred to the rear seats. Since they are so low down in these cars your knees are basically hitting your chin. But past that it was obviously written by someone who has probably never even seen one of our cars in real life.
Well no mustang has rear seats that a adult can realy use..hehe.I never been able to fit in any of them sence i was a kiddy...Plus they was designed for kids....the new mustangs are just as bad..I had to ride in the back of one too the drag strip..And with the front seat all the way forward..I still hardly fit..lol..And my neck hurt after the ride from leaning forward or keeping my body leaned over into the other seat..lol..No head room at all..Mustang 2 and 5.0...Omg...Nightmare...But same with camaro's and everything at the time....As for front leg room and such..I give it our years a+ for any mustang i have drove...Being 6'5" i realy know my space..hehe..Plus if you have the fold down seats like mine..You can hall alot of stuff back there ;).....+1 being written by someone who never been in one..lol

Another reason why i believe a 7173 coupe with an owner designed "rear seat delete" with a stiffening panel/xbar makes the best platform for a high performance mustang. Similiar to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca model.

Another reason why i believe a 7173 coupe with an owner designed "rear seat delete" with a stiffening panel/xbar makes the best platform for a high performance mustang. Similiar to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca model.
Agreed...The coupe can be a beast of a platform.

Well no mustang has rear seats that a adult can realy use..hehe.I never been able to fit in any of them sence i was a kiddy...Plus they was designed for kids....the new mustangs are just as bad..I had to ride in the back of one too the drag strip..And with the front seat all the way forward..I still hardly fit..lol..And my neck hurt after the ride from leaning forward or keeping my body leaned over into the other seat..lol..No head room at all..Mustang 2 and 5.0...Omg...Nightmare...But same with camaro's and everything at the time....As for front leg room and such..I give it our years a+ for any mustang i have drove...Being 6'5" i realy know my space..hehe..Plus if you have the fold down seats like mine..You can hall alot of stuff back there ;).....+1 being written by someone who never been in one..lol
If you read the history the mustang's rear seats weren't designed to have passengers in them but to hold groceries.

If you read the history the mustang's rear seats weren't designed to have passengers in them but to hold groceries.
I read the rear seats was designed for a small family..2 adults up front and 2 kids in back... originaly it was designed to be a 2 seater sports car....It was claimed that the decision to abandon the two-seat design was in part due to the low sales experienced with the 2-seat 1955 Thunderbird. To broaden market appeal it was later remodeled as a four-seat car.

Why bother with trying to educate those who refuse to be educated. Wkikpedia is the absolute worst "resource" ever developed.

BTW I moved my seats back 3", now the backseat is not even fit for very small children. :D

Why bother with trying to educate those who refuse to be educated. Wkikpedia is the absolute worst "resource" ever developed.

BTW I moved my seats back 3", now the backseat is not even fit for very small children. :D
Moved your seats back 3 inches , holy crap you must be a GIANT ! Is that why we never see your car with the top up ? :p

I moved mine back 2" as well. Not like I have kids or will ever likely toss anybody in the back seat. rofl

And yeah - Wikipedia is a crapshoot at best.

Back