• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wtb 351c 2v performance intake and carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I'm supposed to be picking up ab edelbrock performer this weekend any recommendations on gaskets?

Edelbrock suggests Fel-Pro 1240 for 2v heads. Have you confirmed the intake is for 2V heads? Chuck

Thanks fir all the help guys I really do appreciate it. I'm still on the lookout for a cheap carb though which brings me to another question am I going to have to get a spacer for it?

justin

So I got an edelbrock 1406 and a performer 2v manifold I don't know what manifold gasket to get because there are an hp and SB for the fel pro 1240 please help me out if you can I would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i will get one tomorrow anything else I need to get while I'm at the parts store? Do I need to get an edelbrock throttle kit since I have an automatic? Thank you

You will need the Ford transmission kick down kit. It works but is not a pretty arrangement. Depending on many variables, you may need the calibration kit. I'd wait and see if it is needed or not. Chuck

So I took my old manifold off and when I looked at the ports my head has a small port in the center and my gaskets don't should I cut the hole out of the gasket to make em fit?

The small port is for an exhaust gas crossover. It's purpose is to "preheat" the manifold under the carb for cold weather drivability. For a summertime car in California, it's probably unnecessary to open the gasket up. Heck, I'm in Michigan and have mine blocked.

Hi,

I'm using next parts on the Mach1-1973:

-Edelbrock intake manifold "performer-4V"

-Holley carb. "Street Avenger 4V-670CFM" (+Electric choke)

-Holley 1" phenolic spacer

-Holley P/N 20-91 FMX kick down rod kit

-Holley HLY-20-2 carb. throttle ball kit

-Holley fuel pump kit

Eddy

So just to make sure the end ones are the water ports then

Nvmd I figured it out. Thanks for all the help guys

Back