• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 460 PS Pump bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robnbama

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach one
Hey guys, I'm looking for a power steering pump bracket for my '73 with a 460. It's the one that bolts to the motor. I'm sure any 70's 460 or 429 bracket would work. I have attached a picture. Any help would be appreciated.

image.jpg

Yeah, I saw that one. I was hoping to find it a little cheaper somewhere. I'll give it a few more days.

I checked at my garage and found this 460 bracket. I had it in my stash when I restore my 4 71 429 cars, but the 429 brackets are slightly different and I have four of them now. Looks like I paid $35 for it so you can have it for that and my cost on shipping. Let me know (I will be in South America until next Saturday, but checking my mail).

Yeah, I saw that one. I was hoping to find it a little cheaper somewhere. I'll give it a few more days.
View attachment 18275

View attachment 18276

View attachment 18277

Oh wow thank you...that's perfect. I didn't know the 460 and 429 brackets were different. I'll definitely take it. Just let me know how I should pay. I have paypal or could send a check or money order. There's no big rush. Whenever you can is fine. I can probably match some bolts up at the hardware. Thanks again.

I checked at my garage and found this 460 bracket. I had it in my stash when I restore my 4 71 429 cars, but the 429 brackets are slightly different and I have four of them now. Looks like I paid $35 for it so you can have it for that and my cost on shipping. Let me know (I will be in South America until next Saturday, but checking my mail).

mike,

i believe the difference you are talking about is primarily the 429scj difference and he 460. however the 460 brackets are nearly the same and will work on any 429. the 429 megasite will show you the difference in the brackets. ex: the alternator bracket on a 429scj has more adjustment vs a standard 460.

Olie, You are absolutely correct. I am collecting all the correct parts for the four restorations, hoping to send the first one out (Grabber Lime) to the body shop in March (then the Grabber Blue, Dark Green Metallic, and finally the white one).

mike,

i believe the difference you are talking about is primarily the 429scj difference and he 460. however the 460 brackets are nearly the same and will work on any 429. the 429 megasite will show you the difference in the brackets. ex: the alternator bracket on a 429scj has more adjustment vs a standard 460.

do you happen to have any more extra brackets kicking around?
That was the last 429/460 bracket that I had extra, need the other four, but will keep an eye out for a reasonable one.

Back