yay center console and 4 point seat belts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1 4bb swapped Q code
89 cummins swapped 4x4 f350
96 f350 dually stock
IMG_20130113_165601.jpg

IMG_20130113_165608.jpg

IMG_20130113_165613.jpg

IMG_20130113_170137.jpg

IMG_20130113_170202.jpg

IMG_20130113_170150.jpg

IMG_20130113_194549.jpg

IMG_20130113_194630.jpg

IMG_20130113_194603.jpg

Got a bit accomplished redid the center console and mocked out the 4 point harness and the sliders are fully assembled as an added bonus the cam lock device is on one of the lap belts so I can wear it as a lap belt if I want to

That is a sweet looking seat setup. What brand harnesses are those?

Last edited by a moderator:
they are JDM like the seats and I had mister4x4 sit in them just to see if anyone who is bigger (vertically and/or horizontally) who might want them and he felt it was a bit snug but fit in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok, are they from the same ebay store as the seats? Just to let you know JDM is not a brand it's more of a style and when it comes to ebay it's more of a marketing thing.

I see, I've known people who have thought JDM was a brand and was just looking out, I didn't mean for it to come across as disrespectful.

All in all a cool set up.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. The big thing I discovered on the Honda forums when I had my '95 Civic Hatch is the JDM-snobbery: "if it isn't JDM, it's junk." Problem is, everybody on ebay peddles their 'junk' and calls it JDM. I personally went through 2 steering wheels before finding a 'good' one (I removed the stock Honda wheel for a removeable Momo-style custom wheel - for easier ingress/egress for my knees). The first two were 'reputable' JDM dealers, and the wheels were 'rip-off' styling and junk (very flimsy spokes and rim - I could flex them both almost 2 inches either away or toward me sitting in the seat - not good in a crash situation). I finally found a used Momo wheel and it was much better.

Having said all that, I think Auron got a good deal on his seats because they're actually of good quality and feel solid. At 6'5" and 300, the seat bolsters are a little snug in places (mostly shoulders), but otherwise they're not bad at all, comfort-wise.

He also sprayed some Duplicolor Interior "Vinyl Dye" paint onto his full console (pictured), and it turned out a lot nicer than the pictures show. He took his time to dismantle the ashtray, clock, and console lid, and got good coverage (he still probably needs a new lid, though ;) ). The chrome trim was pretty much gone, so he wasn't as concerned with that.

I used vinyl dye on my console when i switched every thing over to the black. Its been six years now and it still looks great (I dont drive the car much). Also had some liquid dye for the armrest. I never use the factory shoulder harness and just the lap belt, no far never had an issue with LEO so who knows.

Would like to take the clock out and get it sent in to a place for rebuilt like Ive seen others do.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. The big thing I discovered on the Honda forums when I had my '95 Civic Hatch is the JDM-snobbery: "if it isn't JDM, it's junk." Problem is, everybody on ebay peddles their 'junk' and calls it JDM. I personally went through 2 steering wheels before finding a 'good' one (I removed the stock Honda wheel for a removeable Momo-style custom wheel - for easier ingress/egress for my knees). The first two were 'reputable' JDM dealers, and the wheels were 'rip-off' styling and junk (very flimsy spokes and rim - I could flex them both almost 2 inches either away or toward me sitting in the seat - not good in a crash situation). I finally found a used Momo wheel and it was much better.

Having said all that, I think Auron got a good deal on his seats because they're actually of good quality and feel solid. At 6'5" and 300, the seat bolsters are a little snug in places (mostly shoulders), but otherwise they're not bad at all, comfort-wise.

He also sprayed some Duplicolor Interior "Vinyl Dye" paint onto his full console (pictured), and it turned out a lot nicer than the pictures show. He took his time to dismantle the ashtray, clock, and console lid, and got good coverage (he still probably needs a new lid, though ;) ). The chrome trim was pretty much gone, so he wasn't as concerned with that.
They do look good, I bought some Type-R style seats for my mustang and ended up selling them to a friend who has an Integra. I help him a lot with his car so I know more than I would like to about the Honda scene. He always tells me about the JDM snobs that look down at people for having anything but genuine Japanese parts.

Back