Yellow Mach 1 is back again!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good  Kevin. The owner is going to be stoked!

Now, if it were my car, I'd be slapping on a set of black side stripes with hood black-out. I just feel all Mach 1's should have had that definition.

But it's not my car.

Geoff.
Thanks Guys!

Geoff, I like the side stripes and hood black out too. But this is exactly how it looked when his dad bought it off the showroom floor.  I believe he wants to keep it that way.  You don't see too many plain Jane Mach 1's, makes it quite unique if you ask me.

Now, if it were my car, I'd be slapping on a set of black side stripes with hood black-out. I just feel all Mach 1's should have had that definition.

But it's not my car.

Geoff.
Thanks Guys!

Geoff, I like the side stripes and hood black out too. But this is exactly how it looked when his dad bought it off the showroom floor.  I believe he wants to keep it that way.  You don't see too many plain Jane Mach 1's, makes it quite unique if you ask me.
 Hi Kevin, don't get me wrong, that was not intended to be critical, just my thought that the Mach 1 ought to have been a bit more distinctive from the rest of the heard.

I certainly appreciate and resect the owners wishes to keep it "as original".

My car actually WAS a Plain Jane, low optioned car.  A friend has a '71 Mach 1 he bought new and although he ordered it, he did not order the optional stripe kit and hood black-out package. As all 71's with 14" wheels, it has the original steel rims and hub caps.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful work Jeff! Looks show ready and I bet the owner can’t wait to pop that hood at some car shows. You should be very proud of the work you did for him.
John, you meant Kevin not "Jeff"

Sorry to be critical.
HAHA!!!  I have been called worse!!! lollerz
Oops, sorry Kevin

Well fellas here’s a few pics of the car now just because, who doesn’t like pics!!!. It’s pretty much done and ready for the exhaust shop Tuesday. When I get it back I will give it a final wipe down and once over and it will be ready for the owner to come get!!I finished up some small details under hood and got the rest of the decal kit installed. Hope you guys like it. 

Under hood and decals. I hid the duraspark box on driver side behind shock tower and ran the wires in with factory harness. 

But it's not my car.

Geoff.
Thanks Guys!

Hi Kevin, don't get me wrong, that was not intended to be critical, just my thought that the Mach 1 ought to have been a bit more distinctive from the rest of the heard.

I certainly appreciate and resect the owners wishes to keep it "as original".

My car actually WAS a Plain Jane, low optioned car.  A friend has a '71 Mach 1 he bought new and although he ordered it, he did not order the optional stripe kit and hood black-out package. As all 71's with 14" wheels, it has the original steel rims and hub caps.

Geoff.
IMHO - The only problem with tossing on the stripes, hood blackout, spoilers, Magnum 500s, etc., is that everybody does that... to the point that it's fast becoming 'common knowledge' that ALL Mach 1s came with those things (just like all '71-'73s are Mach 1s), which we all know is not the case.  I'm also not a purist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do get tired of seeing almost every '71-'73 out there with the 'full plate' of options that we're all pretty sure the car didn't come with.  I still say build it how you like it, since it's your car after all... but I do like seeing some of them out there that haven't been over-dressed just because they can be.  I'll probably never load mine up with spoilers and stripes, either.

If that car Kevin's been doing such awesome work on only had a ginger interior with sport caps, it would be the exact car I fell in love with when I was 14.  I love it that the owner wants to keep it as close to how he bought it as he can - it's an awesome car, and just that much better thanks to Kevin!

AWESOME work, Kevin!  As always! ::thumb::

Fantastic job. The owner should be over the moon. Hope you upload a video to youtube once the exhaust is installed. Has it made you want to do one for yourself?
Thanks fellas.  

Pegleg, I will try to get a video for you guys.  I have a 71 of my own I have been working on for years. I am planning on tearing it down in a few years when I build my new garage. Here’s mine from a show this summer. 

Fantastic job. The owner should be over the moon. Hope you upload a video to youtube once the exhaust is installed. Has it made you want to do one for yourself?
Thanks fellas.  

Pegleg, I will try to get a video for you guys.  I have a 71 of my own I have been working on for years. I am planning on tearing it down in a few years when I build my new garage. Here’s mine from a show this summer. 

Vey very nice. That trophy looks to be well deserved. If i was your side of the pond i would be sending my car your way to be restored for sure

Thanks fellas.  

Kevin, for a brief moment I thought you posted a pic of my car...…….. until I saw the under hood shot.

Very nice car you have there! We have very similar "taste', but yours has a few more 'goodies' than the one I have.

Why do you want to "tear it down"? Looks good to me.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but it need some 225/70 BFG or coopers. Other wise a job well done.
Thanks Mike!  It could use some bigger tires but the owner kinda wanted to keep the stock look. So we went with the smaller tires on stock rims and white line on sidewalls. I think it fits the look of the car well.  

Now for you to get yours finished up!!!

Thanks fellas.  

Kevin, for a brief moment I thought you posted a pic of my car...…….. until I saw the under hood shot.

Very nice car you have there! We have very similar "taste', but yours has a few more 'goodies' than the one I have.

Geoff.
Geoff, 

Thanks. I like my car but it needs some attention. Motor is putting out close to 600hp and it’s rough on the car!! It’s got it twisted pretty good. Doors are outta whack, paint is cracking by windows. Subframes connectors helped but not enough. The paint is almost 15 years old and is showing it age. Was a quick job we did in garage years ago. I would like to add 6 speed, twin turbos , roll cage, AC, coil overs etc etc. But until then I will drive the wheels off it!!!

Geoff.
Geoff, 

Thanks. I like my car but it needs some attention. Motor is putting out close to 600hp and it’s rough on the car!! It’s got it twisted pretty good. Doors are outta whack, paint is cracking by windows. Subframes connectors helped but not enough. The paint is almost 15 years old and is showing it age. Was a quick job we did in garage years ago. I would like to add 6 speed, twin turbos , roll cage, AC, coil overs etc etc. But until then I will drive the wheels off it!!!
 Ok I said we had similar taste...……. right up to when you added twin turbos, roll cage etc. 6 speed yes, AC? 600hp? Okay, it's your car your way, no problem, enjoy it. It looks good to me and obviously a judge or two.

Well done and enjoy it the way you want it.

Geoff.

I'm sorry but it need some 225/70 BFG or coopers. Other wise a job well done.
Thanks Mike!  It could use some bigger tires but the owner kinda wanted to keep the stock look. So we went with the smaller tires on stock rims and white line on sidewalls. I think it fits the look of the car well.  

Now for you to get yours finished up!!!
I know I know!! I have been working on it just nothing worth posting.

Back