You can pick my next modification!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I do first

• MPG Monte Carlo bar and strut brace

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Radiator upgrade

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Holley Carbarator upgrade

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Okay, as posted above, I have heard and am listening.

Which Aluminum High flow water pump. Weiand 8209 for 149.95 or Edelbrock 8844 for $164.99?

Any experience with either?
Gotta be careful with the weiand pumps. There is a version that eliminates the famous (or infamous) bypass feature. I suffer from CRS so I don't remember the part numbers but a search on the cleveland forum should point you in the right direction.

I didn't include those options cause

a) Barbie and I never got together. She was a doll, but I couldn't date a girl who isn't anatomically correct
A lot of girls aren't anatomically correct and have plastic parts these days.

Btw, I too vote for the radiator.

I didn't include those options cause

a) Barbie and I never got together. She was a doll, but I couldn't date a girl who isn't anatomically correct
A lot of girls aren't anatomically correct and have plastic parts these days.

Btw, I too vote for the radiator.
True, true, especially in certain parts of California. I hesitate to call some of them "girls", or even "females", however.

Milodon aluminum High Volume Water pump (105.00) is en route as is a Griffin 3" Radiator allegedly good to 600 horsepower.

Jegs and Summit, but both via ebay with free shipping.

During my search I learned that the fox body mustangs are very close in size to ours, being less than an inch and a half narrower. There are lots of really cheap radiators for them, even many with electric fans and aluminum shrouds. I chose not to go that route, but you could buy a radiator for 1/2 what I paid (which was 310.00) and a performance version would still have plenty of capacity.

Griffin Radiator arrived. I was worried as I bought the "direct fit" that was about 50% more expensive than their similarly sized universal unit, but had a more liberal return policy. (I bought thru summit, so I figure either one could go back preinstallation.)

Well it arrived and I just unpacked it. My initial reaction is that I am extremely pleased. The welds are uniform and look really good. Everything looks excellent. The lower hose fitting is angles inward (on purpose) which was not my understanding, but we'll see how that works out. Hope to get it and the water pump installed this weekend after I get the deck rebuild finished.

2012-06-12 17.48.31.jpg

2012-06-12 17.48.40.jpg

2012-06-12 17.48.53.jpg

Back