I have EFI and so can you

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the process of finalizing my 5.0 EFI swap. Did you make the factory gauges work? I have the car running and driving and wondered if I need to do aftermarket gauges for tach, oil psi, etc.

I was also curious what you did for the power steering pressure line. I found that the 71059 hose worked perfect and it was the only one I could find with 7/16 Male Inverted Flare on one end and the 3/8 Swivel O ring type 1 on the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think you would want to use aftermarket gauges simply because they are more accurate than the 40 year old "idiot gauges".

I would think you would want to use aftermarket gauges simply because they are more accurate than the 40 year old "idiot gauges".
This isn't a race car so I'd like to keep the factory look inside the car. Factory gauges are good enough to let you know something isn't right.

I certainly don't mean to offend you. Or anyone with factory gauges for that matter. But when it comes to temperature and oil pressure, the factory gauges are adequate at best. Just a thought..

I certainly don't mean to offend you. Or anyone with factory gauges for that matter. But when it comes to temperature and oil pressure, the factory gauges are adequate at best. Just a thought..
No offense taken at all! Sorry if I came across as coarse.

Well I wasn't sure. I've asked questions about 2v vs 4v heads and people's eyes start to pop out. I was just saying, if your going through all the trouble of EFI, maybe a more accurate gauge should be used to keep track of everything.

I am definitly going with aftermarket gauges, cheap insurance to know whats going on at all times before it's too late. I just havent settled on a place i'd like to install them at yet.

Are there any aftermarket gauges that are designed to replace original look? I believe stewart warner makes brand new versions of the originals for the 65-70 cars. What, nothing for us again?

Are there any aftermarket gauges that are designed to replace original look? I believe stewart warner makes brand new versions of the originals for the 65-70 cars. What, nothing for us again?
Nope, they also believe the mustang ended after 70'.

That's what I thought too..

Back