You can pick my next modification!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I do first

• MPG Monte Carlo bar and strut brace

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Radiator upgrade

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Holley Carbarator upgrade

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Well mod 1 is done! Here is the write up of what you need to know to do this.

I chose to use a Griffin Radiator. The welds were beautifully done. I bought the one designed to fit our cars. 8-00087 It went in without any problem, I did have to bend open the mounts a bit to clear the wider radiator and I bolted them to the inner set of holes on the radiator support brace, rather than the outer ones.

I used a Milodon High volume aluminum water pump from Jegs.

For the lower radiator hose I used an O'Reilleys Master pro part number 20694 lower hose from which I cut about an inch and a half from both ends. With the ends lubed with dish soap and the short bend side on the water pump it fit without any binding or kinking at all. It is the larger size of the new radiator outlet so it was much easier than trying to wrestle the factory hose on.

I already had an electric fan, so I had to do a little fabrication to mount it.

The little brackets mount on the underside of my fan and slip into the gap or Lip provided across the length of the radiator, just "L" shaped and wrapped on the contact end in a self sealing silicone tape.

The upper bracket is just a piece of aluminum with about a 15 degree bend to match the contour of the fan housing and a 90 degree bend to clamp it to the radiator. I'm probably going to pull it back off and skeletonize it with some pattern to personalize it when I have lots of other stuff out of the way.

Sorry there isn't much of a write up here, but it is really simple and straight forward.

2012-06-16 18.08.52.jpg

2012-06-16 18.08.22.jpg

2012-06-16 18.08.07.jpg

2012-06-16 18.07.54.jpg

2012-06-16 19.25.52.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back