Your coolest added options on your Mustang ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... the list is long and distinguished. Even though the car's not on the road yet, here's what I've done so far:

351C-2V - bored, balanced, blueprinted, rebuilt

Comp Cams 274/274 @ .566" lift High Energy cam

Comp Cams High Energy Roller Lifters

Comp Cams High Energy Roller Rockers

Crane Cams 7/16" screw-in rocker studs

3-angle valve job with hardened seats & mild port/polish

Duraspark ignition conversion

Accel Super Coil & 8mm plug wires

Edelbrock Performer intake

Edelbrock Performer carb - 600cfm

Mr. Gasket fuel pressure regulator

Holley "Black" electric fuel pump

Moroso overflow bottle

Hooker Competition Headers ceramic coated

Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust w/x-pipe & Street Pro mufflers

AOD transmission from '89 5.0 Mustang & shifter

Laurel Mountain Mustang Super Suspension w/1" drop front springs, 5-spring leafs, and rear sway bar kit

Lakewood traction bars

Global West subframe connectors

Classic Auto Air Perfect Fit complete HVAC system

Plano "Bait Box Fuse Block" (homegrown mod)

RAAMat sound deadener

Antenna delete

Scott Drake billet hood bumpers

full center console

Gran Torino mirrors with driver AND passenger side remote cables

Still to come - very soon:

Retrosound Model 2

7-speaker sound system (haven't decided which speakers yet) w/MTX amps

Kicker Solobaric 10" subs (2) w/600-watt MTX Sledgehammer amp in a custom box

Autosound hidden antenna

Autoloc power windows

Quarter window roll-up mod (just gotta install after paint)

Autoloc power locks/keyless entry/alarm

Cruise Control (haven't decided which system yet)

Edelbrock E-Street fuel injection

Pyle back-up camera

Tach & voltmeter conversion by Rocketman's Classic Mustang Innovations

TMI Sport Seat II upholstery kit

ACC Cut-Pile carpet

3M Di-Noc black carbon fiber over the wood grain vinyl trim

3-point 'modern' seat belts

Front and Rear spoilers

Black hockey stripes

Cragar S/S rims 15x8 (front) 15x10 (rear)

BF Goodrich T/As 245/60R-15 (front) 295/50R-15 (rear)

That's about it, I suppose... for now.

LED Dash lights, CD player and new speakers, and MSD ignition.

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_14931.jpg

WOW you must be OLD... i've only seen Green Acres on, oh, well, nevermind! :D
Yes, unfortunately I am old...I am reluctant to admit that I remember watching "Green Acres" when it was a current show, I remember Cronkite telling the world that we landed on the moon, I remember Nixon's "I am not a crook" speech, I remember the big events thrown at the local Ford dealers when they introduced the Maverick, the Pinto, the Mustang Ii and I remember when people actually agreed that the "new for '75" Granada looks just like a Mercedes".

Yeah, I'm an old dude with an old Mustang. And we both have our fair share of aftermarket parts on us...

Damn, Eric... What haven't you done? I'm impressed!
Well... I DID actually buy a set of those cool tail light lenses from Obsidian. Just waiting for him to catch up with that. ;)

Oddly enough, the majority of those mods aren't really going to be visible. I'm going for more of an old school 'look,' with some more modern amenities and functionality.

a working electrical system and enough rust repair to keep it from folding in half.

While the rear, fold down seat seems to be a somewhat rare stock option, in my opinion it's easily the paint....it was a special order color for 1972

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimball, to Oliver at Oliver's farm: "Say, who's place is this anyway?"

Oliver (exasperated):"Oh, for..."

Kimball:"That's right, its the Ofer place!"

Probably one of the all-time cosistently funniest TV show sever made. I love it.
LOL!! I REMEMBER that one.... well maybe not THAT one but one kinda like it..... well maybe it was that one.....

Of all the mods I have done the coolest for me (and most useful) is the engine start button.
I would love to see a picture of this if you have one, and parts list too":cool:

Not really a mod, but more of a restoration, I really enjoy my new suspension and steering, as it is mostly stock set up, just all new. She drives like she did in 1971 and I love it. Past that, the most helpful mods were all new fuel system and electronic distributor. Looking forward to adding a ram air hood and Mach 1 front bumper.

Yes, unfortunately I am old...I am reluctant to admit that I remember watching "Green Acres" when it was a current show, I remember Cronkite telling the world that we landed on the moon, I remember Nixon's "I am not a crook" speech, I remember the big events thrown at the local Ford dealers when they introduced the Maverick, the Pinto, the Mustang Ii and I remember when people actually agreed that the "new for '75" Granada looks just like a Mercedes".

Yeah, I'm an old dude with an old Mustang. And we both have our fair share of aftermarket parts on us...
I remember those events too... I'm right there with you brother! :D

I remember those events too... I'm right there with you brother! :D
Glad to hear there are some old guys on here! Also great to hear of younger guys that love the 71-73 Mustangs too!

I also lived through al those things and watched those shoes on a black and white TV that did not hang on the wall like a picture! It was a piece of furniture that was supposed to match the decor of the living room.

Yep, we had a Magnavox console in the living room. A 19"(or so) color tv inside a big wooden cabinet with sliding doors to cover the screen. On top of the cabinet at each end were sliding covers that unveiled a turntable at one end and an AM,/FM "hi-fi" at the other end, with big, round "Star Trek-y" tuning knobs on it.

The tv broke down so often that you probably would not commit to watching an hour-long show, for you had a good chance of never seeing the end of the program.

If the term "hi-fi" was shorthand for "low fidelity", then it would still be a lie, as I think this thing was bereft of any amount of anything that could be considered "fidelity".

The turntable however was so amazingly good at playing records in such a wobbly, continuously-variable speed that you got the full aural effect of being immerssed in a groovy LSD excursion. This thing may have been the Timothy Leary Special Edition.

My dad probably spent 5 times the original purchase price of the thing over the years fixing it...I mean trying to fix it. It was never right.

When my mother passed away 15 years ago, she still had it. I gutted it, had the wood sections refurbushed at a furnuture repair place ( looks brand new!). Put a LCD panel inside where the old Radio-Shack TV-tube eating orginal had been, dropped a top-opening beer fridge in the old radio section, and fabbed-up a liquor-cabinet/ice bucket in the turntable section.

Had it in the Batcave ( my basement) for several years for obvious reasons, put it in storage when I moved, where it resides now.

It is worth less than 1/2 of nothing, but I'll keep it...it reminds me of my mother.

Last edited:
The disc brakes all the way around made mine a different car! The 8.8 rearend from the explorer with 373 gears disc brakes and posi = AWESOME! And 550+hp from the 408C stroker don't hurt :)

For my '68 coupe, I would say my 393w with a TKO-600. Future plans are my new 415w with a Paxton Novi-2000 and fuel injection. For my '73 future plans are a 393 or 408 stroker, another 5-speed swap and Bear brakes.

Back