Z bar or hydraulic?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to put the credit card down for the Sanderson shortys,,until I read another (unfortunatly old) thread on another forum. They said they didn't see much power gain on a dyno between the stock 351-4v manifolds vs shortys. They said there was a significant power gain between the 2v manifolds and shortys. (I assume they used 2v heads with the 2v manifolds too but just neglected to say). So i guess the stock 4v logs actually are pretty decent.

I'm wondering if Ford used the same manifolds on the Boss 351 and 4v.
A bit OT, but can you post the link to the Sanderson shortys thread with the dyno? Much thanks! :)

Rich

I was just about to put the credit card down for the Sanderson shortys,,until I read another (unfortunatly old) thread on another forum. They said they didn't see much power gain on a dyno between the stock 351-4v manifolds vs shortys. They said there was a significant power gain between the 2v manifolds and shortys. (I assume they used 2v heads with the 2v manifolds too but just neglected to say). So i guess the stock 4v logs actually are pretty decent.

A bit OT, but can you post the link to the Sanderson shortys thread with the dyno? Much thanks! :)

Rich
It was an old inactive thread on another forum. I searched receintly on VMF but didn't find it. It probably was on the old network54 netlist for 351C, which is not very user friendly.

They said shortys performed about the same as 4v manifolds on the dyno, but didn't give actual any dyno data and they didn't mention what brand of shortys.

The Boss had 2 1/8" exhaust output, 4V and 2". I believe that is the only way to tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back