Q code 351 Cobra Jet Mach 1. Factory 4-speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I see cars for sale like this and wounder why I'm doing a ground restoration.:huh:
Bingo! Exactly what I've advised friends looking for a classic, don't buy a fixer upper just because it's cheap, look at what it's going to cost to finish it. Pay more for one that needs less.

Jim

If you restore it you know what you have from top to bottom; but not for everybody a lot of aggravation.

If you restore it you know what you have from top to bottom; but not for everybody a lot of aggravation.
True..But cost, and i don't know many who can do everything alone....If some one throws a bunch of money and restore a car perfict by some of the best pro's around the area, then sells for a big loss cause the price is not high on market, that can be a real deal for some one.

I understand wanting to go threw your motor and running gear top to bottom..But i don't know many people who complete a car to show standards and do everything...and i mean everything.."electrical. body. paint. mechanical. welding. and so on " Plus all the machines and enough power in your shop to run 3 phase machines...Like a Line honer and such so you can do your own blocks..Let alone decking and all that..At some point i got to out source some of my work..Cause i do not have a pro paint booth..I am not wired for 3 phase machines. a car restored the right way can save some one alot of money..And of cource there is the other way around and you could get a lemon with half arse work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back