Grabber Green 71 mach 1 restomod

Update. The 17x9 +24 fits with a 1.25 inch (+32mm) spacer. Barely clears the uca. 1.25 is a little too extreme for the rear, ive rolled the quarters quite a bit but its still too close for comfort. Im gonna order a 1inch out back and should be good to go.2u43n29.jpg 2el9ifn.jpgswqzax.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious are the hub centric spacers you have hub centric to the axle & then the wheel ? Or Just the axle ? I haven't seen any off the shelf spacers that do both which is what you need...Mine had to be custom made to my specs

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

They're hubcentric to the wheel.its slightly larger diameter to the axle but that's the way the existing wheels are on the car. Guess we'll see if it causes any issues

Is it possible to use a hubcentric ring between the hub and spacer?

They're hubcentric to the wheel.its slightly larger diameter to the axle but that's the way the existing wheels are on the car. Guess we'll see if it causes any issues

Is it possible to use a hubcentric ring between the hub and spacer?

Right..I guess you will find out.. but what you have still relies on the lugs to center the wheel to the axle..if you get any vibrations in the 50-75 mph range 99% of the time thats the problem..The ones I have center the spacer to the axle then center the wheel to the spacer so basically the center bore of the spacer is sized to the axle hub then there's a machined lip (part of the spacer) the size of the wheel bore. I guess you could look for or have made a ring for the spacer to axle..check with the guys I gave the link for they will make anything you want.

Nice choice of wheel, the FR500 wheel is just cool!

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Just read through your thread. Beautiful work. I will tackle most things mechanically but sheet metal is just not my thing.

Loving it. Keep up the great work.

1973 Q code mach1

Now living in Australia

Thanks guys!i used a fiberglass based filler called Fiberall. It does great and doesnt shrink bad.I just dont trust going back over lead joints.ive seen way too many restored cars shrink in those areas over time.

Thanks guys!i used a fiberglass based filler called Fiberall. It does great and doesnt shrink bad.I just dont trust going back over lead joints.ive seen way too many restored cars shrink in those areas over time.

Great stuff..NICE WORK ..It's what I use too..One thing I will add..The qtr to roof joint & the pillar to roof joint are known bad spots on these cars..If you have the lead out you should weld the entire seam shut I have a vid on how I did mine.

A friend and I have been trading out some mechanic/body work and hes completed going through my toploader.i got it painted tonight along with clearing my fuel tank. 161xchs.jpg

Do you want to be sure that you have enought fuel in your car with all those fuel tanks? :D It looks really good.. :)

Under construction!!

LOL^the others are for a 59 impala and a 68 fastback. Anyways about got the transmission tied up today, just have to order the clutch. Also got some filler work done on the passenger quarter tonight. 28le2km.jpgwtzyqh.jpg epkmlv.jpg

Got the tires mounted on my fr500s today. Very satisfied with the fit just disappointed in the color difference from the front 17s and the rear 18s. They must of been painted in different plants because the shade of grey (anthracite) is off by a mile. I can base/clear them to match the rear its just frustrating to do so after buying brand new wheels, just a heads up from buying from american muscle. 1z3tpbb.jpg 2wojgut.jpg 24bix3m.jpg2hqa3yc.jpg

Nice wheel choice. I also like the beautiful shiny parts. When is it going to paint?

Bright lime 72 Mach 1 with 351C 4V, with summit 600 carb(have a Holley too), Edelbrock dual-plane manifold, Hooker headers, 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, 17 inch Eleanor wheels, FMX tranny, A/C, P/S, front disks and 350 rear gear. Drive it to work every day.

Those wheels are sweet, love them!

Under construction!!

They are werry nice looking Rims [emoji2]Regards DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

I'm sure it will! What kind of parts are you going to use for the suspension? :)

Under construction!!

Itll have reverse eye 5 leaf springs in the rear with maybe a 1inch block. It only needs to go down 1.5 or 2 inches in the back.ill have to cut the springs in the front. Id love to have a bolt in coilover setup I just can't afford it