The Kitster's handy-dandy awesome windshield cleaning tip!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

My friends, are you tired of cleaning your windshield, only to see ugly water-spots all over it once again in the morning?

I say, my friends...are you ever so tired of the endless hours of rubbing, the hours of scrubbing and the hours of polishing your windshield only to suffer embarrassment from your family and friends when they see the same-old "eyebrows" left around your wiper arcs?

Let me ask you this my friends...do your neighbors snicker at you as you drive by in your hazed-over glass? Do little kids strain to see and then run laughing when they see that it is you, the poor schnook who has the ugliest windshield in town.

Well, my friends I've got the answer you've been lying awake dreaming about, the answer you've been praying for, and I'm gonna give it to you..yes, I'm gonna' give it to you for free!

No, this wonderment, this gem wasn't passed down from generation to generation by some wizened old monk...nor has the secret been locked away in a hermetically-sealed old mayonaise jar hidden behind some crates in the back of "Funk & Wagnalls" dictionary warehouse.

No, this answer to all your auto glass woes is so simple, so amazing and so easily accomplished that each and every one you, my friends, will most assuredly not be able to fight the temptation, the desire...dare I say undeniable compulsion to send me $100 of your hard-earned money just for sharing with you this car-show, cruise-night reputation-saving trick.

So, my good friends...without further ado, here is the secret you've all been anxiously awaiting:

Use a clay bar. That's it. Works like a champ.

Put a little Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle with water, spray some on the windshield and start gently wiping the clay bar on it.

If the clay bar sticks...you are running across deep-set grime. Just keep gently wiping the glass with lots 'o soapy water until it glides smoothly over the glass.

Then rinse it all off and voila! Beautiful, perfect glass!

Thank you, thank you....

Last edited:
Sir Kit,

Like Scott, i've been clay baring the glass for a few years now. I use 3M clay and i team it up with glass cleaner atomised from a spray bottle. You're right, it works like a dream on the glass. Good write up there man!:shy::shy:

Greg.:)

Ok, so I am stupid, what is a clay bar?

I have been using Glass Wax with good results.

mike
Hi Mike,

Paint shops and car detailers like to use clay or clay blocks to dress down paint surfaces to rid if contamination or fallout problems on surfaces.

Your reference ......................

http://www.autogeek.net/cleaner-clay.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I am stupid, what is a clay bar?

I have been using Glass Wax with good results.

mike
Send Kit $100.00 and he will tell you what a clay bar is! I also have been doing that for years. I remember the first time I clayed a car. It was amazing how that clay removes those contaminants from the paint.

I would suspect a well used 40 year old windshield would not take kindly to claybar would it? Lets say there is some pitting and such.

I would suspect a well used 40 year old windshield would not take kindly to claybar would it? Lets say there is some pitting and such.
Ralph,

Using clay on our old glass has no detremental effects at all. It can only help and improve the surface. Any pitting or stone chips stay the same as they are to start off with. They must be repaired using other repair methods as such.

If you drop the clay bar on the ground or garage floor...do not, I repeat do not use it any further no matter how clean I looks. I talk from experience.

Jim

If you drop the clay bar on the ground or garage floor...do not, I repeat do not use it any further no matter how clean I looks. I talk from experience.

Jim
Correct Jim! You quickly learn to keep a secure grip on that hunk of clay. I have dropped it before and had to toss it. It might look clean but as hard as it is to put it in the garbage, that is exactly where it belongs after it hits the ground.

You would not apply polish with a piece of sandpaper would you? The three second rule will not apply here!

Back