Thought I'd share my latest acquisition

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Vforever

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code, C6 auto, 3.25 traction lock,
gold glow, ginger interior, A/C, pwr/steer/windows/disc brakes, etc
Hi everyone, thought I'd share some pics of my latest thing I've bought for any of my cars and this being for my 73 vert. I picked it up here in Australia for what I believe is a damn good price, a genuine Ram Air air cleaner assembly, Yep that's correct, genuine. Firstly a big thanks needs to go to Mike (mezapu) for his post in the recommendation section, as it was this information I used to try to come up with being correct. It was hard as there was only three pics in the ad, so after going backwards and forwards between the posting and the ad, I made the call that it did indeed look like the real thing. I didn't want to ask the seller any questions about it being original or not, as I didn't want to alarm him thinking it was worth more money. When it arrived, I pulled it out and straight away I knew it was the real deal. Looking at the snorkel (in the ad) I knew that this was originally off a 72/73 factory Ram Air car. I know that it's been said that the lids had no decals on them, but this one has what looks to have been a 2V decal from that year, is this correct or not. I'm not worried if it is, as my vert is a factory 4V car and I know that Ram Air didn't come on these engines. The assembly is in really good condition, with no dings or dents or any deep scratches and the flapper is free and works perfectly. The only thing that needs doing is to be repainted, which I'll do between all my other projects. I'm now on the hunt for an original Ram Air plenum, if anybody knows of one for sale at a decent price, then please let me know. If I don't come across one in the near future then a repop will do until I get an original. Pics of it below.

PS: well I would've put up pics but it keeps coming up error, I've always had problems trying to put pics up on here only, don't know what's going wrong, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: well I would've put up pics but it keeps coming up error, I've always had problems trying to put pics up on here only, don't know what's going wrong, lol.
Size does matter (contrary to those that say it doesn't). Your picture sizes may be too big (taken at too high of resolution), and you may have to use a program like Paint.net to reduce the sizes.

By the way, nice find.

Hey Jason,

That's great news. It's great when you land a good deal that you wanted.

I'm jealous for sure.

Hope it all goes together nicely for you. You have a great Vert there man!

Greg.:)
Thanks Greg, the price I paid for it delivered to my home was cheaper than most standard ones I see advertised to suit our V8 Falcons (which are U.S ones anyway) l want to restore it over the break, but between stripping down my XA project car, stripping down the XA parts car and trying to finish off the rest of my parents place, it'll be tough, but I'll make time to do it and with a bit of luck, I'll find a genuine plenum for it, but not for crazy money though, if not a repop will do until I find one.

Size does matter (contrary to those that say it doesn't). Your picture sizes may be too big (taken at too high of resolution), and you may have to use a program like Paint.net to reduce the sizes.

By the way, nice find.
Thanks, but I don't know what it is, as this is the only site for some reason I have dramas posting up pics. I've even had the pic show up and then tells you to put in post or something like that, hit the button and nothing at all, even with my avatar, I got the kids in the end to do it and that took them a while also and they commented it should be pretty straight forward, but this is not easy on here and they refuse to help me put up pics on here now as its too frustrating, lol. Maybe just me as I have no idea at all when it comes to all this computer stuff. Gees I only learnt not so long ago how to send an email, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back