Jeff73Mach1

An unofficial welcome to all the new members

I finally found a good local facebook group to connect with. It turns out I have only 1 of 4 71-73 Mach 1's in the area that actually show up to any of the local events. I cant wait to take mine out to the first one in a week or 2.

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Hello everyone, My name is Steve, friends call me Skeet, & hale from Salt Lake, UT. I bought/rescued a '73 Fastback a couple of months ago. It has a transplanted 351W, Top Loader 4-speed, and what appears to a couple of mechanics as a 9" rear end. It has its issues, like a lot out there. However, for the most part it is mechanically sound, and from the doors forward, very few cosmetic problems.

I definitely have a project...but it should keep me out of the bars and the red light district ;)  

Thanks for having me!

19904964_10212204988774196_7951236305855195938_n.jpg

19894687_10212204988854198_3391860732067840219_n.jpg

upload photos to the internet

Welcome Steve! :-)

Hello everyone, My name is Steve, friends call me Skeet, & hale from Salt Lake, UT. I bought/rescued a '73 Fastback a couple of months ago. It has a transplanted 351W, Top Loader 4-speed, and what appears to a couple of mechanics as a 9" rear end. It has its issues, like a lot out there. However, for the most part it is mechanically sound, and from the doors forward, very few cosmetic problems.

I definitely have a project...but it should keep me out of the bars and the red light district ;)  

Thanks for having me!

19904964_10212204988774196_7951236305855195938_n.jpg

19894687_10212204988854198_3391860732067840219_n.jpg

upload photos to the internet

:welcome2:  from Belgium

A good base to start this project  :bravo:

Steve, if it keeps you out of the red light district, you need to reevaluate your priorities.

Looks like a solid start for you.

1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Thanks for the unofficial welcome Jeff

B2_BD136_F_5331_4_AA8_85_A8_67419_B449908.jpg

F3_B2_DA4_C_3_AE8_409_B_859_A_32_D42_C1_A90_E6.jpg

803151_D7_A9_BB_4749_9_F32_A7_BD1_B929436.jpg

036_EED01_9_D93_4_F60_A827_AF27_CFEB5_ED1.jpg

I bought a 1971 Mustang conv. this past summer that needs some work.I hope to gain much knowledge from the members here.

Thanks for the welcome! Just registered 2 minutes ago, I am very excited to show my progress of my obsession and vision.

Thanks for the welcome! Just registered 2 minutes ago, I am very excited to show my progress of my obsession and vision.

+1 great forum, thanks Jeff.

I was stupid not to find you guys before, would have saved a fortune and avoid stupid mistakes.

Cheers!

Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum. I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.

Let me say this. This forum has always been a great resource. I hope each and every one of you has a positive experience here. The members are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We also, for the most part are nonjudgmental about what you might want to do to your car. Whether you are into preservation, concours restoration, hot rodding or restomodding there is something here for everyone.

I encourage each member, new and old alike, to reach out to members in their area and to make real connections. Many of us have found ourselves helping one another out.

Some forums are contentious and seem to be under the control of a clique of members who try and make it all about what they want and like. I haven't seen that here, so I want to encourage everyone to help keep this site great.

Don't be afraid to ask a question. While the search function is a great resource and I encourage its use, I also encourage each member to ask questions, even if they have been addressed before. Participation leads to a better discussion and helps us all to learn new things.

I look forward to learning from each of you and hopefully to provide a bit of help along the way.

Again, I don't speak for the forum, only myself, but I'm willing to bet most of us feel the same way.

Jeff

I have two Mach 1s a 71 and a 73 neither run at the moment. Work to much of it. And I'm getting older 62. Decided is time I stopped work so hard and spend some quality time in the garage. Plus I have a lot of question Will Autometer gauges fit? How much trouble replacing my tired smoking 180 thousand mile 302 with an 11 thousand mile 5.0 out of a wrecked 87.  So I must be in the correct place.

The newer 302 should be pretty much a drop-in. You can't use the harmonic balancer or flexplate and flywheel from the old engine. The external balancing changed from 28.2 ounces to 50 ounces in 1981. The bellhousing bolt pattern is the same.

Please start your own introduction thread in this (Introduction) section. Be forewarned, we like pictures.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Thanks for the unofficial welcome. Found this forum looking for some info on a project and have been lurking for a while.

+ 1 with Jeff. Nice to see some coupes (hardtops) !

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum.  I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.

Let me say this.  This forum has always been a great resource.  I hope each and every one of you has a positive experience here.  The members are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.  We also, for the most part are nonjudgmental about what you might want to do to your car.  Whether you are into preservation, concours restoration, hot rodding or restomodding there is something here for everyone.

I encourage each member, new and old alike, to reach out to members in their area and to make real connections. Many of us have found ourselves helping one another out.

Some forums are contentious and seem to be under the control of a clique of members who try and make it all about what they want and like.  I haven't seen that here, so I want to encourage everyone to help keep this site great.

Don't be afraid to ask a question.  While the search function is a great resource and I encourage its use, I also encourage each member to ask questions, even if they have been addressed before. Participation leads to a better discussion and helps us all to learn new things.

I look forward to learning from each of you and hopefully to provide a bit of help along the way.

Again, I don't speak for the forum, only myself, but I'm willing to bet most of us feel the same way.

Jeff

Thanks for welcome I have some Mach parts maybe others can usr

IMG-20190413-122237584.jpg

Hello, 

I'm the original owner of my 72 Mustang and just recently got it uncovered and dusted off and got it running.  It's time to fix it up and drive it again. It had not driven or seen for 27 years.  Way too long and neglected.   Thanks for the effort to the members you maintain this site. 

Tony

Hello!  Glad to find this forum!  I have loved Mustangs, especially the first gens, for a long time.  Always thought I would buy a 65 but fell in love with a sweet little 73 convertible last October.  It's a Q code 4V 4 speed and appears to be stock.  It's in pretty good shape overall.  The current plan is to rejuvenate/restore it and do the work myself with the assistance of my 15 year old son.  I'm a novice when it comes to auto mechanics but my much more experienced friends have volunteered to help/teach me and my son.  It should be a great learning experience for both of us.  Please forgive if I ask some pretty basic questions as we start working on this project.  

IMG-8892.jpg

Welcome from Omaha! The stripes on your car are for a 71/72, not a 73.

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

Thanks for confirming.  I thought that was the case.  Ugh!!  The stripes were added by the PO to "pep it up" for sale.  The stripes will be coming off.

Give us a better location, you might find some local members to help out with some of the stuff you are a novice on.

As to the stripes... I'm not sure and I would do some research, but I believe that while the Mach 1's stipes changed for 73, IIRC the convertible did use the hockey stick stripes on one of the decor packages. Take your time and maybe get a Marti report before taking the stripes off. (Plus they look really good on the verts

1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Thanks for the advice. Here's my Marti.  No stripes originally.

1973-Mustang-Marti.jpg

I'm new to this Forum. Not sure if I'm posting properly.

Anyway, I have a 1973 Mach-1 and I'm always looking for ways to improve it, while keeping it looking like a mid seventies street mod.

Here's a pic taken at a local meet here in Phoenix:

2015-12-06-Phils-car-meet.jpg

The best way to introduce yourself and car is in the Introduction section of the forum, you'll get a lot of responses and welcomes:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-introductions

Your car looks nice and we'll want to see more pictures :)

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein