First "real" pic with painted bumper

luxstang

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black Magnums are back! YES!

Mike, your vert has always had a fantastic look to it in virtually every iteration, but as everyone says - the paint-matched bumper is the icing and frosting all at once. Not to mention that you've pretty much set the standard for stance perfection for modded '71-73 convertibles.

That, and it looks like Eleanor turned into a convertible. Epic win of the century.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

The black Magnums are back! YES!

Mike, your vert has always had a fantastic look to it in virtually every iteration, but as everyone says - the paint-matched bumper is the icing and frosting all at once. Not to mention that you've pretty much set the standard for stance perfection for modded '71-73 convertibles.

That, and it looks like Eleanor turned into a convertible. Epic win of the century.

-Kurt

Thanks Kurt. It was you who wrote "it's like the Tom Jones of 123 Mustangs" a while back. I loved that expression. :)

If everyone likes those black rims that much I wonder if maybe I should get some rims that look more race like, like "D window" rims or something. Remember these painted Magnums were only a quick fix that look just like a quick fix.

I think that Halicky would have turned Eleanor into a convertible eventually if the movie hadn't ended when it did. It was more or less the only "mod" left. :)

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Today I took the car for a spin the first time after I painted the front bumper and I snapped some pics under some better light than the crappy ones I took in my driveway just after installed the bumper.

I admit that I like what I see. The car looks much tidier, more like a complete package.

Some of you will notice that I swapped the 18 inch rims for the Magnums again, simply because the 18 inch tires are completely worn and I got tired of the bumpy ride. This setup absorbs shocks much better. It's probably not the final solution but for now I'll keep them on the car.

That looks great, Mike! I'm digging it.

I really like the looks of the black painted Magnums vs the 18s.

That's one sharp ride you have there!

• 7 months later...

Wow this looks so awesome! Whit that black paint on the Magnum wheels 😎[THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

I like the whole look, especially the tough utilitarian "get it done" look of the black wheels and wide tires.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear