Chip Foose

On one hand, "Here we go - here's where the love for the '71-'73s starts taking off."  ::thumb::

On the other hand, "Oh great - now every copy-cat hack's going to build one."  :shootself:

Regardless, the days of the good deals are winding down.  Cue up all the Gas Monkey Wanna-be flippers... we're about to see a deluge of over-priced turds hit the markets.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand, "Here we go - here's where the love for the '71-'73s starts taking off."  ::thumb::

On the other hand, "Oh great - now every copy-cat hack's going to build one."  :shootself:

Regardless, the days of the good deals are winding down.  Cue up all the Gas Monkey Wanna-be flippers... we're about to see a deluge of over-priced turds hit the markets.

If they guys from Roadkill have anything to do with it, its going to be real turd for sure.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

It's seems their style resembles one of my kids well used hot wheels cars with a set of Craigers on it. I can't say I'm into their stuff except to say that owning one of their cars..... never stressing the door dings.

• 2 weeks later...

I still see a pretty flat panel. Looks like the angle that runs from the nose to the door is mimicked only in the first few inches of the quarter just after the door. Then the test of the quarter is flat. I really thought that would be different. Need to see the car finished. Preferably in person. Pictures often say a different story. Cars looking cool. All metal is beautiful to look at. I just hope the gloss painted doesn't do something weird when it bounces off those two plain.

Paint is a good point Angelo, if you take notice on the new camaro ,where the door meets the rear panel the quick contrast in angle makes the paint look weird like a different color even sometimes pending on light.

Paint is a good point Angelo, if you take notice on the new camaro ,where the door meets the rear panel the quick contrast in angle makes the paint look weird like a different color even sometimes pending on light.

Ya. The Camaro. I hope I get past that same issue on my own build.

I like that a LOT!!!

Great lines so far. Ok, it doesn't look exactly like a 71 anymore but there's the point in customizing something if it still looks exactly the same afterwards.

It's still clearly a 71 body though only with some changes.

Can't wait for it to be done.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Proportions look really good. A coat of clear on that metal and call it a day.

Was among comments on CF's FB page on the 71. Nice to see coupe being hot again

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

• 4 weeks later...

That rear rendering of the car is absolutely Stunning.

Ya,  very cool rendering, I don't see those angles on the build though. Lots more mods on deck lid angle and dimension ,etc coming I guess. Nice !!!

I think the taillights have some 69 Camaro look into it :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

I think the taillights have some 69 Camaro look into it :)

Ya. He's put 69 firebird tail lights on a 68 fastback. That turned out cool. We'll see how This goes

I like it. Can't wait to see the finished product. I appreciate the level of creativity and attention to detail going into the project.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Very Torino.

...it's a good thing some people just don't listen.

This Mach will be gorgeous.

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::