Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's nothing to say of the respect I have for everybody here - taking on their own projects - big and small, whether by your own hand or paying someone else to do the jobs you might not have the time or skills for yourself - whatever the case may be.

We're all winners here, building, keeping, and restoring the cars we love. My hat's off to everybody! ::thumb::

Great - there goes the neighborhood.

Look, as much as I like and admire Chip Foose, he's just another one of those high-end car guys that really doesn't know squat about our cars. I envision this one getting slammed with 20s, a weird paint job that looks great from one angle only (and just weird from the others), and maybe even a Coyote dumped in there ahead of a TKO and 4-link rear-end.

Just from that pic alone, it looks like a fairly decent car to start with - too bad it's going to [most likely] get messed up, noticed, and every Chip Foose wanna-be will be demanding $80,000+ for their "diamond plate interiored monstrosities" as well.
Hey I have a couple of project cars he can choose from if he wants to do one or two

Requirements are a Coyote, 6 speed and anything else he wants to do to it :D

On second thought if it's his checkbook he can do what he wants lollerz
::thumb::

This is actually something I was hoping for for a long time. Foose is a great designer imho and I always wanted to see what he'd do to a 123 Mustang.

It won't be stock after he's done with it but I bet it will be cool. He's got a great eye for lines and proportions.

I've seen a lot of the Overhaulin' episodes and I seem to recall where he did do close to an original restoration on a couple of cars.

I'm not saying he doesn't do beautiful builds, and I'm not saying he didn't build his own cars at one point. Someone does need to hire the workers and plan the build, let alone run a business. My statement wasn't to be rude or anything.

spoken like a true subcontractor...
I do very little actual work for a living, being a control room operator for an oil company. But I'll take it as a complement.

I'm not saying he doesn't do beautiful builds, and I'm not saying he didn't build his own cars at one point. Someone does need to hire the workers and plan the build, let alone run a business. My statement wasn't to be rude or anything.

spoken like a true subcontractor...
I do very little actual work for a living, being a control room operator for an oil company. But I'll take it as a complement.
I didn't think you were rude, just an ignorant statement. Without the "builder" the subcontractors would have no work. The builder creates the work by selling a vision and getting everyone else paid. It only exists if it is first sold by someone to someone. Therefore, the builder does the most important work, the subs execute his vision.

See my statement wasn't saying that at all. It was making a comparison that I could explain. First thing that came to mind was construction. You are the person who wants the work, the contractor is the person who supervises it and the subcontractors build it. Without the contractor nothing gets done, agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
See my statement wasn't saying that at all. It was making a comparison that I could explain. First thing that came to mind was construction. You are the person who wants the work, the contractor is the person who supervises it and the subcontractors build it. Without the contractor nothing gets done, agreed.
::thumb::

New update
1ccd7ec2cf6832803e90544dfdb65d69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ef7558717c015915f9685dd60938981a.jpg

You know that I'd love to see him pump those quarters out. I wonder if this car will get an episode dode of its own. It would be a shame....

d6304ce16ecada6e933ad7946db0dc5e.png

Looks like he may have changed roof to trunk line

I'm just noticing how very rounded and soft that top body line looks on the quarter. Almost Bentley like. Also looks like a potential upper air inlet like a 70. Interesting.

My thoughts were a little 70 Chevelle through the back quarter right now

Back