Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d5dd3b332462aa88275748a7d0cb52d3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bb6e85f5e5d1b261ebcff42f6d841430.png

Thanks for the updates on this. I'm really looking forward to the result and I don't know where to find that stuff so I'm glad you're sharing it. :)

Thanks for the updates on this. I'm really looking forward to the result and I don't know where to find that stuff so I'm glad you're sharing it. :)

No worries mate, just wish he updated more haha

c65ed5726c72754cf35f20f6dffbefbf.png

353aeff052171fd1760c8ea6ea765514.png

5c9fcc8ea03ce0af0c37bb786071ae1d.png

I had not realized until the latest post they were putting a 2010 underpinnings onto the body.

Yeah! I think that makes it even cooler. They coulda used any body style for this but decided on a 71. That's pretty cool. Shows appreciation is rising.

Or at least, it definitely will once Foose has done it. :whistling:

I know the other shows have done '71-'73s as well (Counting Cars, Fast & Loud, to name a few).

So far, so good I guess. II'm interested to see it all done, that's for sure. ::thumb::

I'm guessing they used the 2010 underpinnings to accommodate a complete modern drivetrain install... rather than use one of the [only recently now available] front clip/subframe/rear frame chassis or kits. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he goes with a complete modern interior... since the lower chassis will have everything already there.

That must also mean that the chassis and body sizes are close enough to the same to make this conversion possible.

Does this mean that the 2010 (and +/- years) Mustangs are "bloated" as was claimed ours are by some magazines?

That must also mean that the chassis and body sizes are close enough to the same to make this conversion possible.

Does this mean that the 2010 (and +/- years) Mustangs are "bloated" as was claimed ours are by some magazines?
They look bloated compared to ours - so... yeah. ;)

But of course, the instant response to that logic will be, "but that's different - these cars are new."

IMG_9841.PNGThought you might enjoy this comparison. I like the 2010 car but next to a 71 it looks like a bit of a minivan. Lol.

I'm excited to see the coolness of Foose sprinkled over this build.

Back