Mach 1 Staunton Illinois

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
Hi,

Don't know if it's the right place to post this.

I received some pics from a 73 Mach 1 located in Staunton Illinois, garage name is "Country Classic Cars". If anybody could check this one for me (money or wine in return).

Thanks.

I live about 1 1/2 hours from there. Fun to look thru the cars, but I think most of the stuff is a bit high.

I'd be up for having a look for you.

I agree they have some interesting cars here. I kinda like the Willys Jeepsters, they are different.

I live about 1 1/2 hours from there. Fun to look thru the cars, but I think most of the stuff is a bit high.

I'd be up for having a look for you.
Thanks.

As I already got a quotation for the shipping (around $2000), I think I would negociate the price.

I received bunch of pics from the green one, but of course impossible to evaluate.

This green one got a Toploader (was automatic before). The engine is a 2V.

The black one has a 429!!!

I would definitely work on their price. Whenever I go see their cars, I always get the impression they are about 25% too high. Maybe more. I'm not the guy that thinks that the price on every car for sale is twice what I think it should be.

I'd look at the pics you get real close. As far as I can recall, 73 Mach 1s did not have chrome front fender extensions or chrome front bumpers. The restored gold one from Arizona has a missing console and some not so nice dash panels. No 429s after 71, so it could be a truck 460 (they were made up thru the 90's) but all the outside stuff still bolts on to look older than they are...and less powerful.

Fit and finish is something to really look at on their cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would def get someone to inspect in person. I've seen 7173 Mustang and Cougars for sale by this dealer and they either kind of throw them together with various parts or the previous owners do. One of the 73s on their website now has 71-72 seat belts, a chrome 7172 bumper, wrong steering wheel, wrong seat insert fabric, wrong center gauges... that I noticed right off the bat.

Not saying you wont get a deal just make sure you really check out the details.

Back