73 motor mounts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone come up with a good solution for shot 73 motor mounts since they are one year only and not produced? Can you make 71-72 mounts work??
You would have to change the frame stands to the earlier style and then use the pre 73 mounts.

Well I now own a large collection of motor mounts trying to find some that worked , I think I ended up going with a 74 ranchero mounts. But I had to buzz all the the holes some with a carbide bit to work. I changed motors to a 70 block, the old ones didn't seem to fit great either, good luck.

well the problem u have is the same one i have.. first the '73 mounts are made. they are called "clam shells" mounts. and are around $150/pr. the problem u might have is if u are using a fan shroud. there are 2 different frame mounts too.. tall and short. i haven't found who or where to look to get that measurement on frame mounts. u can use the older engine mounts but u may need to shim the engine up 3/4" or so. It's the fan shroud that is the problem if u change.. if u remove it, then it's no problem.

I got my mounts from these guys...nice quality.
How long did it take? I've heard some stories about not seeing them for 2+ months.
I don't remember that being an issue. Call them and ask what their current lead time is...the longer you take to ask and decide will add to your overall wait time. They will want your cores, if you have them. The cores will reduce your cost significantly.

OK. Talked to them. not far out. 1-2 weeks after they receive them. I have to send them a couple pics tonight though to see if they can use them or not. The drivers side mount had a little of the ear ground off so my headers would fit and they want some pics before I send them in.

OK. Talked to them. not far out. 1-2 weeks after they receive them. I have to send them a couple pics tonight though to see if they can use them or not. The drivers side mount had a little of the ear ground off so my headers would fit and they want some pics before I send them in.
I only got credit for one of mine, for the same reason...

I have a set of metal perches and motor mounts marked "1973 Convertible - good". They are captive style - 4 pieces all together, no bolts.

We are doing a 71 and do not need these.

Have no idea what they are worth. Would like to get a fair price but do not want to charge someone on this site full retail either. (I really hate ebay)

We are inventorying everything 71-73 related and have duplicates and triplicates of nearly everything. Post up needs with pictures if possible and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

Paul

I have a set of metal perches and motor mounts marked "1973 Convertible - good".  They are captive style - 4 pieces all together, no bolts.

We are doing a 71 and do not need these.  

Have no idea what they are worth.  Would like to get a fair price but do not want to charge someone on this site full retail either.  (I really hate ebay)

We are inventorying everything 71-73 related and have duplicates and triplicates of nearly everything.  Post up needs with pictures if possible and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul,

I have a 72 Convertible and I am looking for a set of motor mounts. All the parts vendors have the wrong ones, and state that the 2257 mount fits everything. They are wrong. Can you identify the correct mounts for a 72 convertible, and if so, do you have them for sale? I beleive the service part number to be D1ZZ-6038-B. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks, Mike

2 months and still waiting on mine from mustangsetc.com.   can't seem to get a response to my e-mails either.

Back