Luxstang makes the headlines

luxstang

Congratulations Luxstang. Originally thought the magazine had taken photos of your car they looked so good. Now we know in addition to owning such a sharp looking Vert  your also an excellent photographer. Now that you have officially "Arrived" and have been recognized by Chrome and Flames, maybe some other magazines may want to do some spreads......ahhh...photo shoots that is!!     :D

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car had actually been in magazines twice before but that was years ago. 

The first time it was in an adult magazine with lots of TnA. 

How did that happen? Glad you asked. 

It was supposed to be for Chrom & Flammen back then. They sent a freelance professional photographer to take the pictures and write the story. That was when the magazine still belonged to the old publishing company that was struggling at the time. So they didn't pay him for two jobs and he didn't turn this job in to them but decided to sell it to someone else who was willing to pay.

He had dealt with the publisher of that TnA magazine (which had a plethora of other publications of all kinds) and they bought the story. 

So it's 46 pages of naked boobs, two pages of my car and back to more interesting subjects (mostly boobs)! :cool:

This was weeks after it had been repainted and you'll notice that both the front spoiler and the standard grille were painted body color. 

It had the Torq Thrusts and was sitting stock height in the rear and had one inch lower coils in the front. 

It also still had the small hood scoop.

IMG_8383.thumb.JPG.21595c516c9096bf485d5883e2b0f313.JPG

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

The next feature was for a legit car publication. German "Street" mag. (My guess is they are the reason C&F are struggling even under the new publishing house. C&F is the old lady of German car publications but Street is cooler, closer to the community, their staff are all active US car enthusiasts etc)

Anyway: 

Here's what they printed. 

The car is mostly the same, only the standard grille is now painted flat black. 

It was before I painted the front spoiler black too, so here it's in transition with a black grille and yellow spoiler. 

I would eventually paint the spoiler black and replace the grille with a Mach1 grille. 

The suspension is the same as in the above feature and looking back I kinda like the rake in the side shot here. 

The title "Misunderstood" refers to the fact that people fail to grasp the concept behind these cars, that they were not if and gravy but simply the logical next step in the Mustang's evolution and built for the huge engines that were to come but then never did. 

Nice take on the subject for a change. :)

IMG_8382.thumb.JPG.6618414f36cb3e46f88df1abecc5bbb8.JPG

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

That is awesome. Congrats.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

The car had actually been in magazines twice before but that was years ago. 

The first time it was in an adult magazine with lots of TnA. 

How did that happen? Glad you asked. 

It was supposed to be for Chrom & Flammen back then. They sent a freelance professional photographer to take the pictures and write the story. That was when the magazine still belonged to the old publishing company that was struggling at the time. So they didn't pay him for two jobs and he didn't turn this job in to them but decided to sell it to someone else who was willing to pay.

He had dealt with the publisher of that TnA magazine (which had a plethora of other publications of all kinds) and they bought the story. 

So it's 46 pages of naked boobs, two pages of my car and back to more interesting subjects (mostly boobs)! :cool:

This was weeks after it had been repainted and you'll notice that both the front spoiler and the standard grille were painted body color. 

It had the Torq Thrusts and was sitting stock height in the rear and had one inch lower coils in the front. 

It also still had the small hood scoop.

You holding back the scans of the other 46 pages buddy? Tssssss ;-)

Well... that is just because we're in the same time zone! Haha

I hear you, would like to see the other pages as well lollerz

You got a beatifull yellow Mustang, congrats on being displayed in the magazines!

What do you do during a lunch break?

You check-out car magz!

d155953e1ae261ac6ad0fe0fb176659a.jpg

Got some exceptional reading material today though ;-)

c48920388171054497f1b42971d12d8b.jpg

What do you do during a lunch break?

You check-out car magz!

d155953e1ae261ac6ad0fe0fb176659a.jpg

Got some exceptional reading material today though ;-)

c48920388171054497f1b42971d12d8b.jpg

Ah, great!! :)

Did you tell them you know me so you could get a discount at least? :)

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

I told them and then they wanted to charge me extra! ;-) What on earth were you doing in Breskens? Were you lost?

Really awesome, congratulations

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

I told them and then they wanted to charge me extra! ;-) What on earth were you doing in Breskens? Were you lost?

We were staying in Cadzand and went for a drive. (Were actually in Cadzand again right now but we're with the Alfa Romeo so no new Mustang pictures.) 

:)

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Oh, gee! On vacation? The weather is awesome right now. If you're visiting Amsterdam at some point let me know and maybe we can meet up, who knows :-) Enjoy Cadzand for now!

Yeah, a quick getaway for 3 nights with the wife (not from the wife!! :) )

If we make it to Amsterdam I'll let you know. We've been there in 2007 I think.... Tomorrow we're heading to Cologne in Germany to see Aerosmith in concert!!

Then Wednesday it's back to Luxembourg.

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Oh nice! Any elevators in your building to get in the mood for the concert? ;-)

Enjoy!

Oh nice! Any elevators in your building to get in the mood for the concert? ;-)

Enjoy!

Thanks for the chuckle.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg